Sponsored

bluetooth speaker not charging

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Hi. My speaker isn't working. I tried it a week ago and it wouldn't turn on. I have used it once in the past briefly to check it out. I thought perhaps I left it on and didn't seat it properly in the charging space so i put it back in securely. I just pulled it out again and it still won't power up. I dont have an external charger to rty.

I have been reading other posts about trouble pairing them but not charging them.anyone?
Sponsored

OP
OP
361Sean

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so i have an apt to have it looked at

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know what they say. I’m having the same problem. I’ve only had the truck a week. Checked the speaker second day and it worked fine. No it will not turn on.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I just read on another thread about pressing reset button in the back under the rubber cover. I didn’t think it would do any good but it worked. I took an ink pen and pushed the button for a few seconds, then pushed the power button and the speaker came on and played music. It’s weird that it’s a reset button but it was still paired to my phone. It must reset being screwed up. I’m gonna contact the dealer if it keeps happening.

OP
OP
361Sean

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, I just read on another thread about pressing reset button in the back under the rubber cover. I didn’t think it would do any good but it worked. I took an ink pen and pushed the button for a few seconds, then pushed the power button and the speaker came on and played music. It’s weird that it’s a reset button but it was still paired to my phone. It must reset being screwed up. I’m gonna contact the dealer if it keeps happening.
Thanks for this, it worked! I am still having my oil changed and i will let them document my issue.

Sponsored

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Hi. My speaker isn't working. I tried it a week ago and it wouldn't turn on. I have used it once in the past briefly to check it out. I thought perhaps I left it on and didn't seat it properly in the charging space so i put it back in securely. I just pulled it out again and it still won't power up. I dont have an external charger to rty.

I have been reading other posts about trouble pairing them but not charging them.anyone?
I am having the exact same problem. I tried it when I first got it and it worked great, but the next time i took it out it won't turn on....

*so I posted before reading the rest of the posts. and the reset worked and I am still paired with my phone.....question is will this be an ongoing issue where I have to reset every time I use the speaker or is it a glitch that does not repeat itself?

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I am having the exact same problem. I tried it when I first got it and it worked great, but the next time i took it out it won't turn on....

*so I posted before reading the rest of the posts. and the reset worked and I am still paired with my phone.....question is will this be an ongoing issue where I have to reset every time I use the speaker or is it a glitch that does not repeat itself?
I was the one that suggested reset, and I had it again this weekend out and I had to reset it again. Plus I am skeptical it charged since the last use because the battery only lasted for an hour. I like the speaker, but I think they have issues with it.

JC

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I was the one that suggested reset, and I had it again this weekend out and I had to reset it again. Plus I am skeptical it charged since the last use because the battery only lasted for an hour. I like the speaker, but I think they have issues with it.

JC
have you had it in for service to see if there is a problem with the speaker or the docking station? Jeep customer service said (and I doubt it) that I was the only person who has contacted them with this issue.....

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
have you had it in for service to see if there is a problem with the speaker or the docking station? Jeep customer service said (and I doubt it) that I was the only person who has contacted them with this issue.....
No, I have only had my JT for 3 weeks today and haven’t been back to the service shop yet. I will definitely bring it to their attention if I have to reset it every time. Right now, it may just be a brick because I ran it down to zero battery Saturday night. If the car is not charging it that is a major problem.

JC

Sponsored

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
No, I have only had my JT for 3 weeks today and haven’t been back to the service shop yet. I will definitely bring it to their attention if I have to reset it every time. Right now, it may just be a brick because I ran it down to zero battery Saturday night. If the car is not charging it that is a major problem.

JC
BTW what color is your gladiator? I do not recall that color being an option when I ordered in November....

OrangeChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n Gladiator
Not to seem like a jerk, but make sure you have it snapped-in properly. I’ve had issue with getting it in to the bracket properly ... the bottom doesn’t seat as I had assumed, and it doesn’t snap in as firmly as I had assumed.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW what color is your gladiator? I do not recall that color being an option when I ordered in November....
Gobi, I ordered in November got it in January.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to seem like a jerk, but make sure you have it snapped-in properly. I’ve had issue with getting it in to the bracket properly ... the bottom doesn’t seat as I had assumed, and it doesn’t snap in as firmly as I had assumed.
I think you might be right, when the sales person showed us the speaker, he very awkwardly tried to hook it back into the truck. That said, that might address the charging issue, it doesn’t address the need to reset it each time you turn it on. Tomorrow, I will get it out and see what state it is in, brick or needing reset or both.

JC

Last edited:

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
checked and rechecked docking many times.....That's not it....
Sponsored