Bluetooth Speaker Ready?

cavalosjr

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Does anyone know if the Jeep Gladiator comes Bluetooth Speaker ready? This is the speaker that is installed into the dock behind the rear seat. Apparently you need a dock for it to charge properly. The required charging dock Mopar part number is 6ND30TX7AC.
Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Does anyone know if the Jeep Gladiator comes Bluetooth Speaker ready? This is the speaker that is installed into the dock behind the rear seat. Apparently you need a dock for it to charge properly. The required charging dock Mopar part number is 6ND30TX7AC.
If you don't order it, or it doesn't come with the speaker, there is no charging station back there. It's another storage bin, like what's found behind the driver side passenger seat.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
There is another thread with the part number for the docking station.

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree - while I like mine did come with from factory. If it hadn't I would just keep a UE or JBL Bluetooth speaker in the car (I actually have a couple JBL Charge 4s which are great).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It’s about $300 for the speaker, and another $300 for the docking station to install in your JT.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I agree - while I like mine did come with from factory. If it hadn't I would just keep a UE or JBL Bluetooth speaker in the car (I actually have a couple JBL Charge 4s which are great).
I’ve got a UE Boom 2, and it’s been a good speaker for the last 4 years, but, my Klipsch Groove (also had it for 4 years) has amazing sound quality for a small single-speaker Bluetooth unit. It’s not as rugged, or any measure of waterproof, but it more than makes up for it with that super high-quality sound you expect from Klipsch.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s about $300 for the speaker, and another $300 for the docking station to install in your JT.
Yea that's a lot for a Bluetooth speaker that is on par with consumer bluetooth speakers in the $200 range. My favorite bluetooth speaker in that $200-$300 price range is the JBL Extreme 2 - which about $250 and has better sound then the Jeep speaker (got for my son for his dorm room).

But I still like the Jeep speaker and is nice having it always charged behind my seat - but I would not spend $600 additional to install it. $295 sticker price is about right and is worth it.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The Jeep speaker is nice, it's just not worth all the dollars and work to add it. I love that I have it.

You could just buy one and wire it into any 12v input to charge.

pughboy2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Question on the speaker. I've heard that it will not pair "Bluetooth" with the radio. My question is does it work with the radio when docked? According to the wiring diagram it's fed by a + and - from the amp so that would indicate that it does work when docked?

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No .... I'm not sure why people got the impression it worked with the stereo. It is stuffed behind seat where it wouldn't make a very good speaker for the stereo system. And bluetooth of the Jeep stereo system is for a source to play to the Jeep not the Jeep to play to a speaker.

The speaker is for when your parked and off enjoying the outdoors and need to take your music with you outside the Jeep. It behaves no different then a bluetooth speaker you buy at the store other then being on-call fully charged all the time by the Jeep. It is also a handy USB charger for your devices.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Question on the speaker. I've heard that it will not pair "Bluetooth" with the radio. My question is does it work with the radio when docked? According to the wiring diagram it's fed by a + and - from the amp so that would indicate that it does work when docked?
Yes it does.
Sponsored