Bobbed Gladiator

JeepRumbler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Has anyone thought about bobbing a Gladiator? I wouldn't do it because I need to be able to haul sheet goods, but I do think it would be cool. Before you say it'd just be a JL, you'd still have the short short bed, cool backseat storage, Dana 44's stock, and a longer wheelbase (hopefully improving the driving), and most importantly, a sticker on the inside of your door frame that says you can legally tow way more than the JL not to mention the ability to do it.

You'd lose the terrible departure angle, making it better offroad.

If any of you photoshop wizards can do this, I'd like to see it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepRumbler

JeepRumbler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Que es bob?
Basically imagine that the section between the rear of the rear tire and the tailgate were removed, moving the tailgate up to where the rear tire is. It's common in the deuce and a half world, and bobbers with motorcycles are basically stripped of stuff that doesn't make them go faster.

Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Looks like team Doetsch was the first Gladiator to get a “bobbed” job at SEMA?
Cheers

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon,. 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
Looks like team Doetsch was the first Gladiator to get a “bobbed” job at SEMA?
Cheers
Black Ops was the 1st, they are the innovators. Once I saw them workin on theirs I started the process on mine with all of 80 miles or so on it. We love taking projects like this on here at Doetsch Offroad. Something much crazier in the works for a Spring Reveal

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Black Ops was the 1st, they are the innovators. Once I saw them workin on theirs I started the process on mine with all of 80 miles or so on it. We love taking projects like this on here at Doetsch Offroad. Something much crazier in the works for a Spring Reveal
Curious to know if you trimmed from the rear of the bed or the front of the bed, and how much did you trim?

The Body panel on the rear passenger side of my bed had an unfortunate run in with a tree this weekend while offroading, been thinking of bobbin the bed since purchase and there is no better time to consider actually doing it than now!

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
When I first read the thread title, I was thinking it was going to be weird. But, you know, after seeing the pics, it's much better than I was imagining. I rather like the way it looks -- proportions remind me of the Hummer H2T.

You *would*, however, lose the underbed spare carrier. And if you put the spare in the bed, you would pretty much lose much of the already-diminished bed capacity as well. Back to a bumper-mounted spare tire?

Personal opinion: Overall, neat idea, but as a conversion -- it's a lot of trouble, cost and compromises for a relatively small amount of chop. Good for grabbing eyeballs at shows or for someone who really wants something different.

If the factory offered a Gladiator "MiniBed" like this for near the same price as the standard bed, I'd absolutely consider it, but I doubt I'd be interested as an "aftermarket conversion" as the cost wouldn't be worth it to me. Retail on an aftermarket conversion like that would be what -- $4k-$5k? plus another $1000 for a custom, bumper-mounted spare carrier?
Sponsored

Last edited: