First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
I have searched the threads and can’t find anyone that has encountered the issue I ran into. I bought Ace sliders. Removed the three passenger side body bolts and installed the slider. Moved to the driver side, removed the body bolts successfully, went to mount the slider and the body bolt in the middle and the rear had no nit to engage. It appears the nuts broke loose from the tack welds and are no longer in their positions. For reference, I used a breaker bar to loosen all the bolts.
Sponsored

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
I have searched the threads and can’t find anyone that has encountered the issue I ran into. I bought Ace sliders. Removed the three passenger side body bolts and installed the slider. Moved to the driver side, removed the body bolts successfully, went to mount the slider and the body bolt in the middle and the rear had no nit to engage. It appears the nuts broke loose from the tack welds and are no longer in their positions. For reference, I used a breaker bar to loosen all the bolts.
Are you sure you have the bolts in the same positions? The bolt closest to the bed is the longest.

I recently installed my Ace sliders and did not have this issue. I did have one bolt that I wasn’t sure was coming out but finally did.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I had an issue with rear driver. Push up on bolt as you try screwing it in, also try moving slider around in case you aren't square with it(loosen front to give you play). In my case I think the retainer clip was the issue(probably bent it pulling it out).

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Not sure about the ace ones but I was using new bolts that came with mine, and I finally reused the original bolt instead that is pointed on the end which engaged.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The nuts are not welded, but are held in place by some metal tabs/slots. Not sure if you can get them to re-engage, but there is a thread on the forum about them, to include pictures of a repair.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OSUBauer

OSUBauer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
Thanks Renegade. Five O, yes, I have them in the right positions. The back nut is gone (bolt dose t engage into anything. Middle bolt is back in but won’t come back out because nut spins. Front bolt is fine.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks Renegade. Five O, yes, I have them in the right positions. The back nut is gone (bolt dose t engage into anything. Middle bolt is back in but won’t come back out because nut spins. Front bolt is fine.
If it’s threaded a little bit, try pulling on the bolt while you tighten it. I realize this will be difficult, but it might allow the tabs to engage.

1607145160417.jpeg

OP
OP
OSUBauer

OSUBauer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
That’s how I got the middle one to re engage but the rear one I can’t locate

OP
OP
OSUBauer

OSUBauer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
Have you tried a magnetic tool, to see if you can drag it back into place?
No, the rear one is a cylinder with a hole in the bottom. There appears to be no other access to where the nut is.

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
No, the rear one is a cylinder with a hole in the bottom. There appears to be no other access to where the nut is.
How did you resolve this? I'm having the same issue, with the center body mount bolts on both driver and passenger side. Can't get the bolts to bite in the threads. Ugh.

OP
OP
OSUBauer

OSUBauer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
How did you resolve this? I'm having the same issue, with the center body mount bolts on both driver and passenger side. Can't get the bolts to bite in the threads. Ugh.
I had to take it to the dealer. They said the nut miraculously worked it's way back into place and they were able to get the bolt to bite. I find that hard to believe but the rails are on securely so...

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
If you look inside the hole with a light there are metal retainer clips. I pulled those out using a pick and long nose pliers because they were making it hard for the bolt to re-engage. It was a easy bolt on after this. Hope that helps.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
If you look inside the hole with a light there are metal retainer clips. I pulled those out using a pick and long nose pliers because they were making it hard for the bolt to re-engage. It was a easy bolt on after this. Hope that helps.
Thanks, I'm going to try to resolve this tonight. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
OSUBauer

OSUBauer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
Thanks, I'm going to try to resolve this tonight. Fingers crossed.
On the center ones, there is a small square opening just to the left of where the nut should lay. I was able to get a bent piece of wire in there and fish the nut into place so I could gently insert the bolt. Once it started, I threaded it while pulling down on the bolt.
Sponsored