Sponsored

Bolt on RockHard winch plate / grille guard for factory Gladiator or Wrangler bumper

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
I was just introduced to this sorcery today by a new member Pappyjp21. How many of you knew this existed and failed to tell me before I bought an aftermarket bumper so I could mount a winch? :LOL: Apparently this company RockHard a makes a bolt-on winch plate and hoop (grille guard) for our JT's, JK's and gasp....Broncos. Now you know. You're welcome. Attached is a picture of his Gladiator (I hope he doesn't mind) with RockHard winch plate and grille guard installed.

YouTube video for JK install:

20211102_130128.jpg
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It's been mentioned before, along with the fact that it blocks off more than 50% of the air inlet in the grille. Most people want a recessed winch to avoid blocking air flow.

OP
OP
Shaqeroni

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
It's been mentioned before, along with the fact that it blocks off more than 50% of the air inlet in the grille. Most people want a recessed winch to avoid blocking air flow.
[/QUO
You make a valid point.

Pappyjp21

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys 21
Occupation
Federal Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard of this so called issue of blocking air flow to the radiator and I have never had a problem with overheating! I had the same set up on my JK for 12 years with never a smig of temperature rise.You may want to look at the many military units that have similar set up...🤔

Sponsored

DublF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Veteran, Retired Correctional Stationary Engineer
$80!!!! Nice find
Yep, got my step rails for $150, Bestop for $400, and the winch plate for $80 all on Craigslist. I scan Craigslist and FB marketplace daily for JT parts deals.

Last edited:

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I like the plate but worry about cooling with the MAX tow. I'll be towing a camper across the US this summer and while folks dont see an issue with cooling it really looks like it covers alot of the opening..... YMMV

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reality is that your specific situation is what determines if blocking 40% of the grill is a problem.

If you have a diesel and regularly tow a 5000 lb trailer over the rockies in the summer, then its an idiot move.

If you have a gas truck, don't tow and live on the plains of eastern North Dakota then its a no brainer.
Everyone else falls somewhere in between. For most owners who don't tow, it will be fine.
Sponsored