Sponsored

Bolt on steps compatible with rock sliders?

Rwalk31

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU/ 13 Ram 3500
Seems like there would be a market for some easy bolt on steps that are compatible with the factory rock sliders and use factory mounting locations. I haven’t been able to find any but the Lund steps that require installing riv-nuts. Has anyone seen anything?
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I asked this question months ago. There was one company that was working on something but I didnt hear any results

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Ace Engineering has some nerf bar steps that bolt on using the body mount bolts and you can leave your factory rock sliders on and they look good

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Ace Engineering has some nerf bar steps that bolt on using the body mount bolts and you can leave your factory rock sliders on and they look good
I asked this question months ago. There was one company that was working on something but I didnt hear any results
I bought a used set of M.O.R.E. Hideaway steps. Planning to install after I lift/bigger tires. So can't speak to how good they work. but I am hopefull.

https://mountainoffroad.com/products/hide-a-step-black-jl

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Ace Rails are on the way! Lots of install posts.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm looking at these contoured steel front & rear bolt-on steps from Rough Country for my Rubicon:

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-g...2.html?find=2020-jeep-gladiator-jt-4wd-379105

Has anyone purchased and attached these steps?

If so, how is the quality and fitment, and how easy/hard was it to get them attached?

Thanks!
Yes:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ugged-ridge-for-side-steps.25168/#post-422167

Good quality. Ok fitment...a little bit bigger of a gap than I wanted, but so be it. Install was a pain, exasperated by the fact I installed them in my 25 degree garage during this winter. Couldn't get all holes to line up when bolting on so it was a struggle while freezing, laying on a concrete garage floor.

However, now they have been installed for awhile, I like them alot. Seem very sturdy/strong. The contoured look was exactly what I wanted (didn't want running board or nerf bar styles)

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Yes:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ugged-ridge-for-side-steps.25168/#post-422167

Good quality. Ok fitment...a little bit bigger of a gap than I wanted, but so be it. Install was a pain, exasperated by the fact I installed them in my 25 degree garage during this winter. Couldn't get all holes to line up when bolting on so it was a struggle while freezing, laying on a concrete garage floor.

However, now they have been installed for awhile, I like them alot. Seem very sturdy/strong. The contoured look was exactly what I wanted (didn't want running board or nerf bar styles)

Thanks for the input! :like:

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
I installed a pair of Carr hoops ($57 on amazon).
I bolted the hoops to a piece of steel strap and then drilled holes to match the mounting bolts for the rails. They are a little springy, but they are only there for my 50 lb boys to use until they get tall enough to climb in and out unassisted. A thicker piece of strap would knock out the springiness, but then I would need to find two longer bolts...and I'm lazy.

IMG_1298.JPG

Sponsored