Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
So I bought this tuner for the JT. Its connected to the OBD2, but that little power module isn't hooked up yet. I've updated the FlashCal while connected to my laptop.

I assume all settings must be done in ACC/ON mode without the engine running? Tried to adjust tire size and it just error out each time.

Can't seem to find any JT specific instructions on setting it up.

All I'm interested in is:

-Disable Auto Start/Stop Engine
-Adjust daytime running lights
-Change TPMS thresholds for lower PSI
-Change tire size to 37"

Any guidance appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
An update. I connected that power module and it looks like I can change settings. At the very least, I changed tire size to 37", adjusted the Auto-Stop/Start and reduced TPMS to lowest setting at 22PSI. So far, so good.

Can't seem to make changes to DRL/Fog Lights, but I'll tinker more later.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Flashcal here too. Which model did you get? I would like to change start/stop function. Didn’t know it would do that. I have the 3571 JT.

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Flashcal here too. Which model did you get? I would like to change start/stop function. Didn’t know it would do that. I have the 3571 JT.
I have the:

SKU,TrailCal,Jeep,JT
Part # 41051-JT

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Hmm. Had the Flashcal setup as far as I could tell.. went on some shopping errands and the Auto Stop/Start wouldn't engage and the Jeep would engine stop. Back to the button again.

Also, my TPMS doesn't seem to exist anymore. I can't find it on the dash cluster anymore. Gremlins!

Sponsored

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Today, reset to STOCK, then Factory Reset before reinstalling. Got my TPMS back, but the Auto Start/Stop doesn't work consistently.

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Got everything (so far) working fine.. Menu/interface isn't super intuitive and the touch screen is a bit obnoxious.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
Got everything (so far) working fine.. Menu/interface isn't super intuitive and the touch screen is a bit obnoxious.

Were you able to get the start/stop disable to work?

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Were you able to get the start/stop disable to work?
I believe we did, but in parallel, we also disabled the one hood pin. I need to reinstall the one hood pin to confirm, but up to this point, the ESS button is illuminating automatically after the FlashCal fully boots up/loads.. it doesn't happen instantly.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe we did, but in parallel, we also disabled the one hood pin. I need to reinstall the one hood pin to confirm, but up to this point, the ESS button is illuminating automatically after the FlashCal fully boots up/loads.. it doesn't happen instantly.
When you say 'parallel' do you mean that you have to leave the FlashCal plugged into the OBD port all of the time in order for the ESS to be disabled?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
When you say 'parallel' do you mean that you have to leave the FlashCal plugged into the OBD port all of the time in order for the ESS to be disabled?
I meant that I disconnected the one HOOD pin while at the same time programming the FlashCal. I've since replaced the hood ping and the ESS is still being auto-enabled (the button) by the FlashCal.

As to always leaving the Superchips connected to OBD2, YES.. its great gauges and overall health monitoring for the Jeep.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant that I disconnected the one HOOD pin while at the same time programming the FlashCal. I've since replaced the hood ping and the ESS is still being auto-enabled (the button) by the FlashCal.

As to always leaving the Superchips connected to OBD2, YES.. its great gauges and overall health monitoring for the Jeep.

Thanks, I'll have to mess with the hood pin this weekend. If you have it plugged in all of the time, where do you put it?

Also, on mine, I have to hold the OBD plug pushed forward for it to make a good connection and function properly. Do you have the same issue? I may just bend the pins in the plug a little, but would rather not if there is another solution.

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Thanks, I'll have to mess with the hood pin this weekend. If you have it plugged in all of the time, where do you put it?

Also, on mine, I have to hold the OBD plug pushed forward for it to make a good connection and function properly. Do you have the same issue? I may just bend the pins in the plug a little, but would rather not if there is another solution.

So, 100% confirmed that the FlashCal is controlling the ESS just fine at this time. As it relates to that hood pin, I just layed it down to the side.. no real room for it to flop/move around.

I have had zero issues with the OBD2 port and a good connection to the FlashCal..

OP
OP
BruteForce

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
I had a little scare over the weekend. Hauling a trailer with the JT up a fairly steep grade (Parleys Canyon toward Park City, Utah) with 8 bales of hay (80 pound bales) and about 90% to the top, the TrailCal flashed a cooling system warning at 218F. Flipped the gauge cluster over to coolant temp and it was the same, but the meter wasn't even at HALF. Not sure what max cooling temp is, but I know 218F on my Ram 3500 is normal when towing.

Feedback appreciated.
Sponsored