Sponsored

Bought Another Jeep Today

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
It's the one in the middle. My Jeep is the Gladiator. My wife's dream car is the Challenger, which she rarely drives because she is afraid to get it dirty or park it next to another vehicle. We've owned it for a year and a half and it has 4000 miles on it. My wife's daily driver has been a Chevy Trax that has 42,000 miles on it. We are going to give the Trax to my son, who is in the military and needs a vehicle right now. We are replacing the Trax with the Jeep Compass in the middle of the picture. This 80th anniversary Compass has more options than the dealership has ever ordered a Compass with, so it is actually pretty decent, with a really nice leather interior, stereo system, navigation, etc. I drives nice, although power is nothing to write home about. They are having some good discounts right now, and we got it for about $5500 below invoice. It's just a Compass, but it is a big step up from the Trax. My wife is happy with it, and it is even her favorite color.
Jeep Gladiator Bought Another Jeep Today Compass
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
What.....no hood scoop on Compass! You have a pretty cool set of cars!....Jack

dreston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Congrats! It's an awesome rig. Love the color.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My wife had a Compass (the previous style) and really liked it, almost wound up with the newer style when she traded it in but went with a GC instead.

No doubt that’s an upgrade over the Trax.

OP
OP

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Now that we have owned this Compass for a little while I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with many aspects that I hadn't really noticed initially. The engine power is better than I initially thought. I wonder if the ECU has been learning how I drive, and has adjusted to be a better match. I especially like that it does not have the horrible turbo lag that our Trax had. The suspension is also really good. Just last night I had to go in to work at 04:00 to do something that only took 1/2 hour, then came back home. The route I take late at night is different than my daytime route, and it has a large dip or gutter that I cross. The speed limit there is 25 mph, and a sign says just 10 mph for the dip in the road. I have hit it faster in a number of vehicles, with pretty bad results. Many vehicle become airborne at speeds over 30 mph. Our Gladiator Mojave can take it at 40 mph without becoming airborne, but the front suspension makes a lot of noise from the pad slap sound when the hydraulic bumps contact the axle pad. Last night I was in a hurry and took the Compass to work. It was the middle of the night, and no one was around in this commercial area, so I was driving at 50 mph, and I got to the dip in then road faster than I expected to, and didn't have time to slow down for it ahead of time. To my surprise this little Compass just sucked it up. I think I may have been airborne for perhaps just the briefest moment, but there was no noise, I didn't feel the suspension bottom out, and it stayed perfectly controlled. It really felt like no big deal at all. I was very surprised that our Compass took this big dip in the road better than our Gladiator Mojave, with its high dollar Fox internal bypass shocks.
Sponsored