Sponsored

Bought used Gladiator last night....2nd used Jeep product with 35 inch ridge grapplers

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I'm going to say that these tires are horrible......bumpy and wobbly.....My JL before this had same tires and rode bad. I have a friend who rides on Toyo Open country and ride is smooth as butter. 315/70/17. What are your opinions on the ridge grapplers or have a better suggestion? Fyi....im on stock suspension and have Max tow.
Sponsored

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
What is the load rating for the tires and what air pressure are you running?

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I just bought it last night.....Ill check today what PSI im running. I do lots of highway driving to work.....so I guess i will complain more about the smoothness of a tire.

Sponsored

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Thanks for that....reviews of other brands is very helpful.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
The MT Baja boss in 35 has been very quiet. It’s not silent, but it has almost no hum that you’d hear from a chunky tire. I’d buy them again in a second.
Jeep Gladiator Bought used Gladiator last night....2nd used Jeep product with 35 inch ridge grapplers 06415C5D-218A-42E2-A6E6-81393B1BE137

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Lot of tire reviews. I'm enjoying the Wildpeak M/T. Heard great things about Toyo AT3's.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well since you asked...

Nitto Ridge Grapplers (often referred to as Shitto Ridge Crapplers) are the most over rated tires on the market currently. They're just bad from start to finish. Poor traction, hard to balance, expensive, etc. There are LOTS of complaints about them in foul weather. I really don't understand how piss poor products like this end up becoming the #1 sellers. My brother even took the bait and bought a set for his F-150 and he complains about them every time it rains.

Nothing Toyo makes is going to help you, because Nitto is a Toyo brand. They use the same rubber.

Falken makes the best A/T tire right now, but I had excellent success with the Yokohama X-AT also.

Sponsored

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Thank you guys.....looking forward to swapping these grapplers out with some of your recommendations.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Well since you asked...

Nitto Ridge Grapplers (often referred to as Shitto Ridge Crapplers) are the most over rated tires on the market currently. They're just bad from start to finish. Poor traction, hard to balance, expensive, etc. There are LOTS of complaints about them in foul weather. I really don't understand how piss poor products like this end up becoming the #1 sellers. My brother even took the bait and bought a set for his F-150 and he complains about them every time it rains.

Nothing Toyo makes is going to help you, because Nitto is a Toyo brand. They use the same rubber.

Falken makes the best A/T tire right now, but I had excellent success with the Yokohama X-AT also.
Hard to balance is not a lie!

@xcantuaj check out the new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. I have heard nothing but good things from everyone that is using them. Many are previous Nitto Ridge Grappler guys and have said after riding on the new Baja Boss they won't go back to the Nitto's. That says something.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Hard to balance is not a lie!

@xcantuaj check out the new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. I have heard nothing but good things from everyone that is using them. Many are previous Nitto Ridge Grappler guys and have said after riding on the new Baja Boss they won't go back to the Nitto's. That says something.
Truth. It’s surprising how smooth and quiet they are given their look.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
Well since you asked...

I've ran Toyos of various types almost exclusively for close to a couple decades on many different trucks, SUVs, and cars and never been unhappy with their performance in any capacity.

Yokohama on the other hand, their AT tire sucked hardcore in snow and wet conditions.
Sponsored