Sponsored

Brake controller no longer listed as an option?

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
Noticed after pricing went live they removed the brake controller as an option? I would really like a built in one and it would be nice if it is included in the launch edition. Is it part of another option now?
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I was literally just coming here to post that same thing.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
The extended step and front license plate bracket are also missing. It’s probably a slow rollout, we’ll probably see more stuff popup in the next few days.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Or just throwing it out there as food for thought...maybe they've decided to learn form Boeing and make it standard. You know, not leave a safety feature off. I know it's not exactly the same and it's likely just the usual Jeep builder is just not accurate. But who really knows until we know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaximusDecimusMeridius

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
Or just throwing it out there as food for thought...maybe they've decided to learn form Boeing and make it standard. You know, not leave a safety feature off. I know it's not exactly the same and it's likely just the usual Jeep builder is just not accurate. But who really knows until we know.
I hope you are right. I don't understand why most manufacturers make it as a separate option instead of including it the tow package...seems like a no brainer

I can always purchase an aftermarket controller but it would be nice if it was integrated

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I hope you are right. I don't understand why most manufacturers make it as a separate option instead of including it the tow package...seems like a no brainer

I can always purchase an aftermarket controller but it would be nice if it was integrated
I agree totally. In my GC it has the optional tow package, BUT, you can't even get a brake controller option from the factory. How lame is that?

Markim37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Noticed after pricing went live they removed the brake controller as an option? I would really like a built in one and it would be nice if it is included in the launch edition. Is it part of another option now?
I called a Mopar rep yesterday asking about after market brake controllers. He was shocked that the Gladiator did not have one with the max tow package and even more shocked it didn't have it as an option. I live on a farm in the Ozarks and a brake controller is a must. He told me to call my surrounding Jeep Dealers and ask them to send this request to the district managers. I also called Jeep Customer Service and requested this info be pasted along. The Mopar Rep. said the more request, the sooner Jeep will fix this issue. How can you boast about the towing capabilities and not offer brake control. Unreal Jeep. Get this corrected. Otherwise, your Gladiator is useless to me.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Really odd that is was an option in the pre-price builder but not with pricing. Perhaps still in-work?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I'd bet it's a minor development/production delay - we've seen photos of the danged thing installed already, and it's a pretty important piece of kit for a truck that can tow 7,650lbs, so it's unlikely they'd just drop it altogether.

Sponsored

avc8130

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I was upset to see it disappear as well. I first assumed they just pulled it from the manual I was building and went back and added the auto and it was still MIA.

I have a brake controller in my JKU. One thing that is annoying is there is really no great place to put the actual controller in the cab. There isn't an abundance of space in the driver's compartment...

To tout 7650lb towing and NOT include a controller isn't as cool as it could have been.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
In the TFLtruck review, they said that it was now a dealer installed option. That just seems dumb to me. It’s pretty much a requirement when driving in Colorado, so I’ll have to get it done.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
In the TFLtruck review, they said that it was now a dealer installed option. That just seems dumb to me. It’s pretty much a requirement when driving in Colorado, so I’ll have to get it done.
I guess I’ll have it installed at the dealer.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Knowing BC's are typically PnP, as long as we can get a hold of the controller we can install.