First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
I just purchased a 21 gladiator on Wednesday. I ordered it to my needs and the dealership received it in less then a month. I was very excited to have my Jeep, For short time I was anyway.
About 3 hours after leaving the dealership I got a flashing check engine light so I pulled over and called the dealership. After much drama and bulllshit the truck got back to dealership and I was given a loaner.
On Thursday I called to find out what they had to say ā€ they told me they were still trying to diagnose the issueā€ I called again today and they told me they were ā€œstill working to diagnose the issue.ā€
Has anyone had anything similar to this happen? The truck has a total of 58 miles. Itā€™s a 21 Gladiator sport S, with max tow package in case that matters.

9D6C70A2-AD51-4E47-AB8F-C6286E606D34.jpeg

17F2AFF3-0451-40ED-92C4-961399E93E44.jpeg
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
What matters is what are the codes your service advisor is saying is flashing? This sucks for you, sorry to hear it.

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
What matters is what are the codes your service advisor is saying is flashing? This sucks for you, sorry
What matters is what are the codes your service advisor is saying is flashing? This sucks for you, sorry to hear it.
I honestly was so mad both times I spoke to them that I didnā€™t even think to ask. I know it isnā€™t the dealers fault, but that doesnā€™t make me feel any better.

DublF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Veteran, Retired Correctional Stationary Engineer
I just purchased a 21 gladiator on Wednesday. I ordered it to my needs and the dealership received it in less then a month. I was very excited to have my Jeep, For short time I was anyway.
About 3 hours after leaving the dealership I got a flashing check engine light so I pulled over and called the dealership. After much drama and bulllshit the truck got back to dealership and I was given a loaner.
On Thursday I called to find out what they had to say ā€ they told me they were still trying to diagnose the issueā€ I called again today and they told me they were ā€œstill working to diagnose the issue.ā€
Has anyone had anything similar to this happen? The truck has a total of 58 miles. Itā€™s a 21 Gladiator sport S, with max tow package in case that matters.

Jeep Gladiator Brand new Jeep. Flashing check engine light 17F2AFF3-0451-40ED-92C4-961399E93E44

Jeep Gladiator Brand new Jeep. Flashing check engine light 17F2AFF3-0451-40ED-92C4-961399E93E44
I know you probably know this, but always document any and all conversations you have with the dealership. Names, time, date, what you were told, etc..

Sorry you're having to deal with this.

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
I know you probably know this, but always document any and all conversations you have with the dealership. Names, time, date, what you were told, etc..

Sorry you're having to deal with this.
I hadnā€™t been doing this, but I will be now. Thanks for the tip.

Sponsored

RustySeatbelt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'd recommend getting your own obd reader so in the future you can pull your own codes. From past experiences, it can be a big help to prevent run around if you already know some specifics.
That being said, you should ask what they mean by diagnosing the issue just to make sure they've actually plugged it in and have an idea of the problem, and that it isn't just sitting in back of the shop as a low priority.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Please let us know what it ends up being.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are absolutely bullshitting you.

It takes 5 minutes to plug a scan tool into the OBD2 port and scan the truck. That will give them a DTC that they will proceed with.

I would call them back and ask for status. If they say they are working to diagnose it, then ask.

1) have you plugged a scan tool into the truck?

If yes.

2) what were the DTCs? Because it MUST be throwing codes (DTC stands for diagnostic trouble code) otherwise the Check Engine light wouldn't be on.
There are DOZENS of errors that can cause the check engine light to come on.

Check out this link. It shows you all the codes that can trigger a check engine light.

https://www.check-engine-light.com/trouble-codes

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepCares anything That can be done?
I worked in the service department of a car dealership for several summers in high school and college. We had a great reputation for taking care of customers. I hear stories like this and it terrifies me that I'm about to spend $60k on a vehicle that may have terrible support.

This is literally the kind of thing that tech can do in 5 minutes just to get the ball rolling. It could be a 5 minute fix like a loose hose in the evaporative emissions control system. Or it could be something more significant.

Either way, it only takes 5 minutes to take a look.

If something like this happened at the dealership I worked at, we would have scanned the truck while you waited.

If it was something like a leaky evaporative system (won't hurt the truck , you could drive forever like this) we would offer you a loaner or if you prefer give you the truck back until your scheduled appointment. Yes, the light would be on, but you would know it wasn't a problem.

If it was something like a misfire, which can cause the catalytic converter to overheat, we would keep the truck and send you home with a loaner.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares anything That can be done?
Thanks for tagging us, Drew18337! Feel free to send our team a private message and we can dig in on your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Do you have the Mopar app on your phone with UConnect information? I was wondering if it would give you the information you need.....I've gotten a notification once that one of my sensors that detects vehicles in my blind spots wasn't working correctly. I wouldn't have known it was an issue if the app hadn't told me.

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
Do you have the Mopar app on your phone with UConnect information? I was wondering if it would give you the information you need.....I've gotten a notification once that one of my sensors that detects vehicles in my blind spots wasn't working correctly. I wouldn't have known it was an issue if the app hadn't told me.
I do have the app, I tried to go through it and check for any issues, but couldnā€™t find anything. With that being said, Iā€™m the least tech savvy person alive.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was at 500 when I started with the check engine issues. Had to have it replaced. Still have engine issues nowā€¦misfiring waiting 3 weeks to see a dealer near me. @JeepCares doesnt do much good luck I hope itā€™s nothing big.
Sponsored