Sponsored

BREAKING: Jeep blocks TFL from posting Ike Gauntlet video.

Valve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Power Wagon
Just kidding... but where is it?
Sponsored

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Considering while on my test drive yesterday, on flat ground, the jeep was gear hunting, i'd say it sh!t the bed on the IKE test.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Yes. It’s just math and physics. A simple pen and paper shows the obvious lack of torque in the Pentastar. So it’s bad. I still want one. The question is: How bad??

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ok. Andre says the Ike Gauntlet video will be out next week...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes. It’s just math and physics. A simple pen and paper shows the obvious lack of torque in the Pentastar. So it’s bad. I still want one. The question is: How bad??
Torque is sort of like how much work the engine can do, and HP is how fast it can do that work. The magnificent 850RE trans running through 4.10 gearing should help the P-star lay that 260 lbs/ft of torque down nicely, and the 285 HP up top should help it do so quickly.

How many other midsize trucks bring 4.10 axle gearing to the table?

I think the only thing that's going to hurt the Gladiator in max trailer weight testing is the curb weight of the Rubicon models, and it seems like everybody is testing nothing but Rubicon models. If TFL had gotten a Sport with Max Towing, the truck would have performed better in their test.

Can't wait for the video. I'm sure @TommyTFL will loathe the P-star for another 15 minutes, but he's wrong. The P-star is a fantastic engine...the best in the segment hands down.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think it did well considering that it was at maximum capacity. Like you said, ANY truck regardless of size or engine is going to struggle at maximum capacity. Remember when they did 30,000 lbs. or whatever it was with that Ram 3500 diesel? It didn't exactly break any land speed records.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I think it did pretty well. Maintaining 45 on the Ike not bad....

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
For those that don't know.

The IKE is from the bottom of the Eisenhower Tunnel to Silverthorne, CO. It's about 8 miles long. Silverthorne is a little more than 9000' in altitude while the west side of the Eisenhower tunnel is just over 11000ft. So you're starting at an altitude of 1.7 miles and climbing ~2000ft. It can be a challenge for some vehicles.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

The IKE is from the bottom of the Eisenhower Tunnel to Silverthorne, CO. It's about 8 miles long. Silverthorne is a little more than 9000' in altitude while the west side of the Eisenhower tunnel is just over 11000ft. So you're starting at an altitude of 1.7 miles and climbing ~2000ft. It can be a challenge for some vehicles.
Just like it is challenging for me to breathe at that height!

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
:like:

Thanks Narrator:like:

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
So what's with the "Number of brake applications required" part early in the video?
They acted like it was something significant?
I cringed several times when the JT shifted at 6,000+ rpms. I know the test is brutal but dayum! :surprised:
Sponsored