Bright white color woes

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
I know there are other threads on the yellowing of the bright white grills, but I’m wondering how many people are actual having this problem? I recently ordered a 2020 bright white rubicon. With painted fenders as well. I might still have time to change my color. Would i be better off doing so? Or is it only a small percentage that this is actually happening to. Not really crazy about the idea of potentially having to have my grill and fenders re painted.
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I know there are other threads on the yellowing of the bright white grills, but I’m wondering how many people are actual having this problem? I recently ordered a 2020 bright white rubicon. With painted fenders as well. I might still have time to change my color. Would i be better off doing so? Or is it only a small percentage that this is actually happening to. Not really crazy about the idea of potentially having to have my grill and fenders re painted.
It’s happening. But it’s not as glaringly obvious as most people make it sound on here.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’d change the grille out on a white wrangler to the matte black Mopar grille quicker than you could say the word “grille”. I think it looks better. Always been a fan of the panda theme though.. something to consider if you like that style..

Sponsored

OP
OP

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
I just called my dealer to see if it was even possible to change my order. I’ve been issued a vin so nothing can be changed. Hopefully I’m one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have this problem. Wish I had known before I ordered.

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White
I just called my dealer to see if it was even possible to change my order. I’ve been issued a vin so nothing can be changed. Hopefully I’m one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have this problem. Wish I had known before I ordered.
Unfortunately you're not one of the lucky ones. Its all JL/JLU's in white. My Rubicon is 1.5 months old, its at the dealer now having the grill replaced. Unless everyone with White JL/JLU's start complaining, Chrysler will never officially say there's a problem and they'll never make an official FIX for it. Search around on this forum and youtube and you'll see what the deal is. Its 100% coming from the heat behind the grill. There's a good video of it on youtube explaining with a laser temp gun. Furthermore the yellowing starts on the drivers side and than moves towards the passenger side.

corysal

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
It's been almost 4 months and I haven't had any yellowing yet. It sits out in the Texas heat too if that makes a difference.

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Mine started turning faint yellow at around 4K miles. I will be talking to the dealer and seeing my options for repainting. The drivers side is the side that is turning faint yellow. Until then I decided to roll satin black.

Nonetheless, I’m completely happy with the bright white. It’s stunning!

F82B790F-5F5E-4DC7-9B39-D149395C7873.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
It’s not the fading, it’s the non-stop dirty. Black is probably the worst colour. White looks nice while clean but one drove home and you get a dirt tint. Mine never faded but showed everything. Pollen in spring, dirt, winter slush, never clean.

OP
OP

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
Mine started turning faint yellow at around 4K miles. I will be talking to the dealer and seeing my options for repainting. The drivers side is the side that is turning faint yellow. Until then I decided to roll satin black.

Nonetheless, I’m completely happy with the bright white. It’s stunning!

F82B790F-5F5E-4DC7-9B39-D149395C7873.jpeg
But to make it look like that picture don’t you have to transfer over the white surrounding pieces from the old grill? Do they not yellow like the rest of it??

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
The paint process was the issue with the yellowing, not sun. Mine is going in for warranty work and the grill will need to be painted. It is the discretion of the dealer and FCA to repair. I would not worry about the newer ones. The problem has been corrected. There is an old thread about this on here somewhere.

convictmaker

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram Rebel
My 2018 Sahara started yellowing around the driver's headlight about 5 months ago. Jeep is always either in a garage or parking structure with very few exceptions. Paint had been properly sealed and regularly waxed. Took it to a dealer. They took photos and sent them to the factory. 2 weeks later, I received a call and brought it in. The next day it was painted better than factory. Seems Jeep is well aware of this problem. Just be sure the pics they send in clearly shows the yellowing. Fenders are still perfect.
Sponsored