First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
Watched this a bit ago. I'm a big fan of his content, as well as Matt's Off Road Recovery on the y-tube. Seeing him out there fabbing, welding, grinding, spotting, is impressive. Hats off to him for how hard he works and how genuine he seems.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Watched this a bit ago. I'm a big fan of his content, as well as Matt's Off Road Recovery on the y-tube. Seeing him out there fabbing, welding, grinding, spotting, is impressive. Hats off to him for how hard he works and how genuine he seems.
Agreed. I stopped by his shop in April to try to get a shirt, but no one was home.

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
He rescued a motorcycle that had fallen from a cliff recently. He called up a climber to join his crew and that was impressive. I saw Trail Mater out on the trail this year when I was visiting Moab but wasn't able to stop to say hello. I will next time I see him.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
He rescued a motorcycle that had fallen from a cliff recently. He called up a climber to join his crew and that was impressive. I saw Trail Mater out on the trail this year when I was visiting Moab but wasn't able to stop to say hello. I will next time I see him.
That was Mike. He is on his crew.
Has his own channel with Sean too.
https://www.youtube.com/@dirtbillydeluxe

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Aside from the part where it keeps breaking things from the mechanical stress of heavy wheeling, I am impressed with how well the Gladiator gets through these really crazy trails.

+1 on Matt’s talent and knowledge.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Great job ! I have never seen upper control arm brackets on the rear diff break like that... I wonder what he was doing to cause such a failure ?

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Great job ! I have never seen upper control arm brackets on the rear diff break like that... I wonder what he was doing to cause such a failure ?

Same rig broke a knuckle a few weeks ago.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Same rig broke a knuckle a few weeks ago.
Thanks, Oh yeah, I saw that... I guess that is why he said something like "nice to see you again"... He must be pushing th limits of that rig at Moab. Hopefully, he has some video we can see at some time.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Thanks, Oh yeah, I saw that... I guess that is why he said something like "nice to see you again"... He must be pushing th limits of that rig at Moab. Hopefully, he has some video we can see at some time.
He's running a lot of offset mass on those wheels and tires. I'm pretty sure he's going to realize that one day and beef up some things farther.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
He's running a lot of offset mass on those wheels and tires. I'm pretty sure he's going to realize that one day and beef up some things farther.
Good point... He sure has some serious breakage. Made me want to beef up my Aluminum Knuckles.

Note1: I think he is running a stick shift (manual) JTR like me. I thought I heard the clutch disengaging and I think he stalled it once.

Note2: For manual users, when rock crawling, I use a tazer and set one of my steering wheel buttons to "rock crawl", so, that I can engage all the brakes with my thumb, and use my feet on the clutch and gas without rolling back and forward. It's a great tool for rock crawling.

Last edited:

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
I had to un-sub from Matt, that guy is sketchy as hell and solves everything by running an XJ at WOT to the end of a rope and hoping for the best. He doesn't even take the time to properly rig his snatch strap - how hard is it to use a soft shackle instead of a tow ball?!

The video where he nearly pulled a car over one of his crew and his own dog did it for me. I noped out, the fact he was later charged and pled to several counts of insurance fraud sealed the deal.
Sponsored