Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting for sure. The renderings make it look like a tiny little bed...smaller than the JT. Not positive on the measurements of the bronco but the bed looks shorter than the driver+passenger door length.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Not proportioned right, looks the same going forward as it does going backwards. Competition is good though.

Bruce

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
I'd take this with a grain of salt. Idk how many times I've seen a Motortrend article about a "rumored" vehicle that never comes to fruition. They've been writing stories and making renderings for a "Dodge 'Cuda" for year with no actual evidence.

Sponsored

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Makes sense to me. They have already spent the money to develop the chassis. Not a lot of extra money to turn it into a truck. The Ranger is a bit of a sales flop so a “lifestyle” vehicle may pump some life into that segment for them.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Interesting for sure. The renderings make it look like a tiny little bed...smaller than the JT. Not positive on the measurements of the bronco but the bed looks shorter than the driver+passenger door length.
I’ll be honest, I’d be happier with a 4’ box and a little less wheelbase and overhang. I like the truck because it keeps cargo separate from passengers so something JLU in size with an extended cab would be the dream.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I love my Gladiator, but if I can get that in a truck with the 2.7l ecoboost and with 35s from the factory then I’m all in. I’ll probably own one in 2-3 yrs. There are so many things that the Bronco has that I want like a removable rear panel for the roof. I’m not even remotely a Ford guy either.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’ll be honest, I’d be happier with a 4’ box and a little less wheelbase and overhang. I like the truck because it keeps cargo separate from passengers so something JLU in size with an extended cab would be the dream.
I will say that I hate the bed size of my Gladiator. My 2017 Canyon had a 5’2” bed and it was deeper those couple of inches really did make a big difference (that’s what she said). I could fit my mountain bike with the tailgate up without removing the front tire and taller items fit a lot easier under the tonneau cover.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So 2025 is when they are planning on launching it. If it comes with a 5.0 Coyote in it I'd be in. I'll have my Gladiator paid off by then and I'd buy one for sure and keep the Gladiator, that's the only way I'm getting one though.

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Good to see some competition. Bed looks awfully short. Wheelbase looks like it would be great with a single cab and longer bed. 7 speed manual, I wonder if we're going to see manuals do what autos did in the last couple decades, go from 4 to 6 to 8 to 10 speed and beyond. That's a lot of manual shifting for a light duty rig. Looking forward to seeing how this one develops.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's not a 7-speed. It's a 6-speed that has an offroad-only gear. That offroad gear does the same thing Jeep does through the transfer case. So, the Ford has nothing the Jeep doesn't have.

In fact, there isn't a single thing on the Bronco that is original or new or that Jeep hasn't been doing for decades. But, it does ADD some things that are undesirable like the IFS that will be hard and expensive to lift, and those problematic over-engineered EcoBust engines. So honestly, while I did grow up a die-hard Ford guy, I don't understand the buzz surrounding this Bronco at all, other than the fact that it's new.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a 7-speed. It's a 6-speed that has an offroad-only gear. That offroad gear does the same thing Jeep does through the transfer case. So, the Ford has nothing the Jeep doesn't have.

In fact, there isn't a single thing on the Bronco that is original or new or that Jeep hasn't been doing for decades. But, it does ADD some things that are undesirable like the IFS that will be hard and expensive to lift, and those problematic over-engineered EcoBust engines. So honestly, while I did grow up a die-hard Ford guy, I don't understand the buzz surrounding this Bronco at all, other than the fact that it's new.
I agree, the IFS and ecoboost are why I would stay away. That Ecoboost engine is garbage and probably the worst engine ford ever built. I can't believe there putting those things in F150 trucks.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly for a daily driver it will probably be superior to the JT. For a toy off the pavement though I think the JT will stay the better more capable rig. Which would ultimately be better would be what percentage of on road vs off road each of us put on our priorities.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I agree, the IFS and ecoboost are why I would stay away. That Ecoboost engine is garbage and probably the worst engine ford ever built. I can't believe there putting those things in F150 trucks.
Also if that's the same 10 speed that they use in the ranger it's complete trash and will spend all its time gear hunting.
I test drove a ranger before I bought my gladiator and the amount of shifting that transmission does is atrocious.
Sponsored