Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen this particular one floating around my city a few times. Obviously not a Gladiator but it’s still based off of the wrangler platform (JK platform though, unlike the JL for our JTs).

In any case, what is everyone’s thoughts on them? I honestly think I’d prefer my JT.

F8827640-6969-4C9C-8AC0-EB735C91A062.jpeg
Sponsored

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
I agree. The Brute was a nice alt to the JK, when there wasn’t a truck on offer. Now, I’d stick with the JT.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
JT is a better truck built on a better platform, more robust stronger axles and brakes, also the Brute can only tow 3500lbs. I see one for sale on CL in my area for $60k cannot imagine anyone buying it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I'd be pissed if I bought one now though. They were over a 100k when there was no factory alternative

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’ve seen this particular one floating around my city a few times. Obviously not a Gladiator but it’s still based off of the wrangler platform (JK platform though, unlike the JL for our JTs).

In any case, what is everyone’s thoughts on them? I honestly think I’d prefer my JT.

F8827640-6969-4C9C-8AC0-EB735C91A062.jpeg
Love the color

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I wanted the DC Brute soooo bad when I had my JK. There is a local guy that has one with a hemi conversion.

When the JT came out I was excited not to have to pay an extra $30k for a truck bed 😉

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be pissed if I bought one now though. They were over a 100k when there was no factory alternative
not 100% but I believe the owner of that one did have it before JTs were an option. So I’m sure he paid a pretty penny. I’ve been seeing it around for awhile now from time-to time and I want to say even before JTs

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
The only thing I’m not a fan of on the JL/JT that I would change is the windshield angle. I’ve never liked how far back it leans compared to previous generations. I know it wouldn’t exist at all if they didn’t meet EPA requirements, so I’m ok with it, but this truck just drives it home.
Visually, I love it.

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I’m not a fan of on the JL/JT that I would change is the windshield angle. I’ve never liked how far back it leans compared to previous generations. I know it wouldn’t exist at all if they didn’t meet EPA requirements, so I’m ok with it, but this truck just drives it home.
Visually, I love it.
Jeeps approach on that was to make it a bit more aerodynamic and cut a bit of the MPGs down. I dont mind it a t all personally.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Brutes were always a niche vehicle. I can only recall ever seeing one out in the wild that was not at some Jeep related event. They always commanded a premium in resale until the JT came out.

I know AEV had their panties bunched for awhile after the JT came out with rumors they thought FCA had jacked their R&D for the Gladiator with no credit given back to them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Brutes were always a niche vehicle. I can only recall ever seeing one out in the wild that was not at some Jeep related event. They always commanded a premium in resale until the JT came out.

I know AEV had their panties bunched for awhile after the JT came out with rumors they thought FCA had jacked their R&D for the Gladiator with no credit given back to them.
That's a hoot, what a joke. Seriously? Their "R&D" when the JT is obviously a member of the RAM family with that rear suspension design? That's funny. Jeep only had to borrow from their own family members to get the JT, they didn't have to look outside their own corporate doors.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I am seriously looking into a JK-8 to build up with 40s and HEMI for rock crawling. Love my JT but the length has some built in limits on what trails you can run

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7

Jeep Gladiator Brute.. Anyone? ee4bc990933e8500a4ea0017ea6c5d67--blue-jeep-jeep-brute
2 too many doors, just like my JT. If I was going to go thru the trouble and expense he did I woukd have done an extended cab and bobbed bed.
Sponsored