Sponsored

Budget for Mods

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
What is everyone's budget for mods? My shopping cart at Quadratec is at $12k and I am not even scratching the surface LOL, looks like I have to allocate $20k to get my list completed :whew:
Sponsored

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I didn’t start with a budget but probably should have.

3k wheels and tires
1k winch
1200 tube doors
1k various tops and covers
400 lights and bar

Still need a jack and way to store the doors when not on the Jeep.

Never started with a plan; sorta figuring it out as I go.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Budget for Jeep parts?

What the heck is a budget?

For those of you that are new to Jeeps, I’ll warn you. I’ve had my JLU for a year and I’m already at $10K in mods. Lifts, Tires, and Wheels aren’t cheap and they’re just the start. Re-gearing, Lockers, recovery gear, tire carriers, bumpers, winches, snorkels, soft tops, bikini tops, over landing gear, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Yeah I want a winch and bumper, lights, solar system, some sort of canopy, a camper, and then I'll get bigger tires and maybe a small lift. I have 300 dollars. Time to break out the lockpit kit I guess.

Sponsored

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I am only looking at about $4,000. Not doing the lift until a couple years down the line. Biggest things right now for me are rims, tires, headlights, and front bumper. I can see now why Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Great. Now im looking at all of your lists and adding to my own. Do you recommend a high lift jack? They look good attached to jeeps. Not sure where to mount it though? The hood ones seem good but what if I want the windshield down?

OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great. Now I'm looking at all of your lists and adding to my own. Do you recommend a high lift jack? They look good attached to jeeps. Not sure where to mount it though? The hood ones seem good but what if I want the windshield down?
I am getting one and installing it on the windshield. I am not going to put the windshield down many times - and in cases when I have to do it I will remove them. They are simple installations.

Unless of course @BuiltRight and @steffen707 build that storage solution they have been talking about and we have the Molle style installation options for the inside walls of the bed - I would install it there.

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
All you guys getting new tires and rims do you sell your current ones. what kind of returns do you get. I cant justify getting rid of new tires.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I am getting one and installing it on the windshield. I am not going to put the windshield down many times - and in cases when I have to do it I will remove them. They are simple installations.

Unless of course @BuiltRight and @steffen707 build that storage solution they have been talking about and we have the Molle style installation options for the inside walls of the bed - I would install it there.
Lol, @BuiltRight sounds like he'll be making the bedside racks for JT, it's all a matter of time.

I, on the other hand, am building some kind of backyard aluminum framed, plywood overland topper.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
All you guys getting new tires and rims do you sell your current ones. what kind of returns do you get. I cant justify getting rid of new tires.
Going rate is about $1000-1500 for 4-5 Rubicon or LE wheel and tire. Some guys sell the spare, some keep it.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I'll
What is everyone's budget for mods? My shopping cart at Quadratec is at $12k and I am not even scratching the surface LOL, looks like I have to allocate $20k to get my list completed :whew:
Probably be the only stock jt in the United States because I'll be lucky to just get the truck lol

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm telling my wife it's like $2500, I've already spent $3000 and have lots to go.
Lucky for me I pay all the bills.

Mums the word!

giphy (6).gif

OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm telling my wife it's like $2500, I've already spent $3000 and have lots to go.
Lucky for me I pay all the bills.

Mums the word!

giphy (6).gif
LOL Hahaha :CWL:

tbh I thought $20k would be enough for me to get my list and I am still falling short of a couple of things LOL. This is kinda scary...

I feel like a lot of offroading/recovery stuff is really expensive and adds up quickly like the D-Links and ropes and snatch block what not LOL

Here is my list:

1. 67 Designs phone and sPOD rail mount system
2. Genesis dual battery kit
3. sPOD with touch screen
4. Tazer Mini and iDrive
5. Warn 12-S Zeon platinum winch with synthetic rope
6. RSE slide steps
7. Mopar cargo ramp
8. Teraflex Nexus EF 2.2 steering stabilizer
9. ARB recovery boards
10. HiLift Jack
11. Baja Designs XL laser spot light pair
12. KC Pro6 Gravity LED lights
13. KC C-Series Amber LED light bar over winch
14. Mopar winch guard
15. Rugged Ridge grab handles and a few other recovery knick knacks
16. Magnaflow rock crawler exhaust
17. Dirty Acres Grille Insert
18. JT Innovative products ARB compressor kit
19. Cobra CB radio and antenna kits
20. Stockton wheelies painted matte bronze with 35" KM3
21. Icon Stage 8 suspension system.

The last one is a killer, I was initially going to do the Mopar 2" lift and decided to go big on the suspension (Lots of amazing reviews on the Icon vehicle dynamics suspension), so that is putting me over my budget LOL

I am planning to do all the installation myself to save $$ on labor charges for installation :captain:. I plan to do all this within the next 2-3 months considering I am in the middle of a move...

This still leaves out the bed solution for a canopy tent or anything else that is more relevant for overlanding, like a fridge, water storage, etc :surprised:
Sponsored