First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Welp Ive been hammering away trying to get something to show for each day. Ive also been working on some Youtube stuff and trying to revamp my channel.
So here is where I stand...

Offroad Trailer -
Tepui tent is sorted and we havent even slept the first night in it. Seems nice so far.
I have a pull out drawer setup for the fridge, Bouge RV. It seems ok and works well enough, I should have gotten a dual zone though maybe...

I ordered two water pumps for the sink by accident, I attempted to send one back but they refunded me and told me to keep it, so I guess I have one for when I add hot water.

I got an adapter to run a switch panel off my Goal Zero, using the anderson pole output I can plug it right to the switch pane. I need to hard wire it to a battery pole type connection and maybe lengthen the wire.

I got the pull out kitchen table mostly sorted as well. It came with a built in sink which I thought was handy. It is designed to pull out and when it gets to a certain length it catches the slide pullout locks on and comes out a bit further. It currently pulls past the top of the tent which was my main concern.

The double burner cooktop is my next issue, I need to figure out where to put it. I have room on that kitchen table pull out but my wife doesnt like it in that location. One other issue is that the propane bottle hookup is on the right side, and would basically be in the sink when attached. My only option is some sort of flexible hose adapter to change its location or move the stove to another table (my wife wants this option).

Lastly I need to add a water tank I just need to order it and figure out what fittings and such, the pump itself should be easy to wire up to the panel. Ill add some led type lights once everything is mounted up. Down the road I might add some creature comforts like a hatch on the outside so I can plug things in without opening the back of the trailer etc.

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 fridge pull

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 pull kitchen

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 goal zero switch

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
If those steps start rusting let me know and I’ll coat them for ya for the cost of the powder. Just bought a coating gun and I have a old oven. i have a blasting cabinet and on the fence with purchasing a large powder only oven to start a side business.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If those steps start rusting let me know and I’ll coat them for ya for the cost of the powder. Just bought a coating gun and I have a old oven. i have a blasting cabinet and on the fence with purchasing a large powder only oven to start a side business.
Nice!

Sponsored

Evilmunky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Science
I'm literally looking at these same bed sliders. How has your experience with them been?

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm literally looking at these same bed sliders. How has your experience with them been?
They are solid and easy to install.
Tip: put painters tape on the truck bed because you will be laying underneath trying to get things lined up and I scratched the hell out of my truck lol
Also you will want to use washers to space then away from the body one of mine was really close. Tape the washers to the slider before hand because you'll never get you hands in there. :)
Otherwise they stout as hell.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Small update. Redesigned a few things.
I wanted to keep the goal zero towards the front of the trailer for weight but that limited access to it. I raised the sink about 2.5" and put the goal zero underneath. Cut a small hole for the sink hardware and a small notch for the water line. Seems like it will work great still. Next move is decide on a switch panel location. Can't find anything I love just yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Forgot to post that ^^ the other day.
Had a good amount of kid free time in the garage today and busted a bunch of stuff out.
I flipped the drawer slide mount for the fridge which gained me a few inches up top. This let me mount up the switch panel above the fridge. Finished everything up for the sliding table, it's more or less done feels good. Wired up the switch panel it's mounted and done. Water tank will be here in a few days have pump waiting on it. Decided to make a small pop up table on the back door as well.
Still to do:
1. Make stops for battery and fridge so they can't slide or move, especially offroad or while driving.
2. Mount up water tank/plumbing.
3. Lighting.
4. Make a tote for kitchen gear/utensils.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210802_132612

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Man, reading this makes me want to pull an all-nighter on mine, lol! Let me ask you about your Goal Zero... I'm trying to figure out my solar setup. Does the Goal zero have an output to charge onboard batteries, or would I be better off just going with a dedicated solar controller?

Great looking/functional build so far.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Man, reading this makes me want to pull an all-nighter on mine, lol! Let me ask you about your Goal Zero... I'm trying to figure out my solar setup. Does the Goal zero have an output to charge onboard batteries, or would I be better off just going with a dedicated solar controller?

Great looking/functional build so far.
so with this model I have I can piggy back as many batteries as I want using an anderson pole connector on the back then plug in the solar to the front panel, when main battery is charged it will charge the piggy backs as well. I was going to do a "house battery" and just leave it in there and connect it to the goal zero as needed but I never did.
I was looking at noco battery maintainers then I found this that allows you to charge the "house battery" off the 7 pin trailer harness. It might be something I add later down the road if need be.
I just got my water tank and got a few things mocked up this evening. Hopefully I can get that all mounted up tomorrow and be in the final "bolt it all down" stage lol

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I was REALLY thinking of doing 37's but then decided 35's and now Ive decided just leave the 33's again lol
I joined a jeep group but I think its going to fall apart and Im not sure how often ill be hitting the trails with folks. Id rather have a bumper/winch some decent lighting and my trailer setup than 35/37's.
Ive also considered selling the softopper/bed cage. I wanted the softopper because I could lay it down if I needed to load something taller than the bed and it just takes one person 30 seconds to take it off but I lost all that functionality with the cage. Now I could remove the cage and just run it as needed but I still have to notch more of my Decked system to make it lay down. I wish I had just done an RSI maybe.

Last edited: