First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Hell I don't know if it's technically a build yet but I am spending money and that's what counts right?
Concept- reliable multi-role vehicle, work/play/family-FUN

2021 Black Mojave
Gas/auto, bare bones truck.

Stage one
Bulletproof dual phone/gopro mount✔
Back seat cover (for kids)✔
Line-X bed liner✔
SoftTopper bed soft top✔
Rockblokz mud flaps - ✔
Door sill protectors - undecided
Heated seat kit - have, never installed lol

Stage two (planning)
Rocker switch panel VOSwitch, installed ✔
Front/rear/bed lighting - still on my to do.
Bed outlet (prob need to upgrade altnernator)
Dual Battery/Solar setup maybe?
Possible CAI/Exhaust (not sure)

Stage three (planning)
Bed rack over soft top- ✔
Mounted lights/rotopax/recovery ✔
Front bumper/winch
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've been a busy fellow and wanted to post some progress/updates.
Datin Fabrications canvas cage- installed. Wasn't bad overall.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210429_124004

The LoD step sliders, got these because they had the optional extra step attachment. Overall easy installation, look great imo.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210507_140055

LoD bed sliders, just got these today and they are beefy. I got them in bare steel with hopes to have them powder coated locally in orange but nobody wanted my business so they are getting rattle canned as close as I can get, if it sucks I'll just go black.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210507_132659

LoD does not mess around with their packing. It's literally the items in a box, sprayed with expanding foam and taped shut.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210507_131936

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'll update once I get the sliders installed, the hardware bag was pretty small so I'm not expecting a big job there.
I want to get rotopax water and gas, considering the built right bed molle panels and some other small doo-dads.
Roof top tent, I haven't seen one I like better than the vagabond in black (would look insane good on the truck).
I still really want a reaper offroad bumper but just not in the cards just yet. (Not a ton of function or use with a bumper really).
Oh here is a quick install of the bed cage.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Well they literally were "bolt me on" :giggle:
they didnt take long and were not particularly difficult but they had a very tight tolerance and I had to shim the drivers side away from the body some as I had scratched it up some trying to get things lined up. I dont think I needed to loosen up the muffler/resonator but I did. Overall another stout product from LoD.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210508_135524

the orange wasnt a perfect match, at least when compared to the tow hooks. In fact Id say they are closer to the interior orange and the hood decal orange than the tow hooks are.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210508_135510

Lod Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Well they literally were "bolt me on" :giggle:
they didnt take long and were not particularly difficult but they had a very tight tolerance and I had to shim the drivers side away from the body some as I had scratched it up some trying to get things lined up. I dont think I needed to loosen up the muffler/resonator but I did. Overall another stout product from LoD.

the orange wasnt a perfect match, at least when compared to the tow hooks. In fact Id say they are closer to the interior orange and the hood decal orange than the tow hooks are.
Definitely cool! I'd love to see a photo with your other orange accents!... I also see a LOD rear bumper in you future!

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
What are your thoughts on the rack over the softopper? Waiting on my Bestop topper to arrive and I keep going back and forth on if the rack will make it a pain to use the soft topper, or if I'll be glad I did it for the ability to carry kayaks/etc. over the top of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
What are your thoughts on the rack over the softopper? Waiting on my Bestop topper to arrive and I keep going back and forth on if the rack will make it a pain to use the soft topper, or if I'll be glad I did it for the ability to carry kayaks/etc. over the top of it.
it will be a complete pain, the soft top loses its ability to fold down at all when the rack is on.
i kind of wish i had just done a hard top and been done with it. I didnt want to get stuck with something heavy on the bed that i couldnt put down or take off by myself but now its basically fixed in place and I cant do it anyhow. I may or may not run the roof rack 24/7. May just run the sides and put the top sections on as needed.
your only option to deal with the soft top while leaving the roof rack on is to take the soft top off the metal pin on each side lower it down and try and fold it that way but it will be a two person deal or you risk tearing it up.

eta: you can still roll the sides up pretty easy though.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Really appreciate the feedback! It's been tough to find folks with this setup to get their real world experience.
Yeah it is. In hind sight like I said I probably would have just done a fiberglass top. It just depends on your needs.
Ask away I'll try and answer whatever for ya.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Well we are making more headway.
I had been eyeballing this tent and offroad trailer for a week on fb marketplace. It was another 6+ hour drive (just like the decked was) but the guy was super nice. I'm really happy with it.
My plan is to add pull out drawers for a kitchen setup, running water etc. He also gave me some gas/water can holders that I can rig on the side. Not bad for $4500 I don't think. The trailer has 35's. Thinking of getting matching 33xs and wheels for it.
Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210616_095314

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210616_095305

Jeep Gladiator Build Thread- update page 4 20210616_095404
Sponsored