Sponsored

Build Tracker for Custom Ordered Vehicles

Koala JT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Awaiting Delivery)
Occupation
COMMERCIAL UAS PILOT
Just ordered my Sting Grey Rubicon a few days ago and am wondering how everyone is seeing the build status on their orders? Is their a special link for us to input the VON or VIN?? Or are people just contacting the dealership they ordered from?
Sponsored

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just ordered my Sting Grey Rubicon a few days ago and am wondering how everyone is seeing the build status on their orders? Is their a special link for us to input the VON or VIN?? Or are people just contacting the dealership they ordered from?
Best way is to use Jeep chat, its faster than a dealer response usually. Just have your VON handy.

OP
OP
Koala JT

Koala JT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Awaiting Delivery)
Occupation
COMMERCIAL UAS PILOT

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Don't see chat on jeep.com and their faq says "contact your dealer for information on order status"

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. That link worked fine.
According to the person on the chat, "all materials needed are in place, build should be started very soon".
Dealer said it was in D1 status. He said they show a Ship date 11-4 but WOW, that sure seems FAST!

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
According to the person on the chat, "all materials needed are in place, build should be started very soon".
Dealer said it was in D1 status. He said they show a Ship date 11-4 but WOW, that sure seems FAST!
I would take that ship date with a grain of salt. Most people's ship date end up being their build date. I had an original ship date of Aug 23, then went back and forth from D1 and C status for several weeks and finally took delivery Oct. 19.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree - I mean, 11/4 is next MONDAY, only a week away. To have it built and ready to ship that quick?
I have no clue what D or C or other status letters mean - but even if it's built by Thursday, goes through whatever processes, then I'd take the 4th as it's all done - not that it would actually leave the plant at that time. It may be "ready to ship" and not ship for 3 weeks - they wait for full loads, they don't have a guy hauling individual vehicles to Iowa.
But still - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Good grief, it's just a silly truck, a Jeep truck, get over it, right?!

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree - I mean, 11/4 is next MONDAY, only a week away. To have it built and ready to ship that quick?
I have no clue what D or C or other status letters mean - but even if it's built by Thursday, goes through whatever processes, then I'd take the 4th as it's all done - not that it would actually leave the plant at that time. It may be "ready to ship" and not ship for 3 weeks - they wait for full loads, they don't have a guy hauling individual vehicles to Iowa.
Nah, you wont get over it. lol. I went through a 2.5 month process from order to delivery and was anxious every day. It's worth it tho...you'll see.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...s-codes-and-sequence.17771/page-2#post-352133

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks - that helps. Mine is D1 according to the dealer. I can see what that means now. And the person on chat said about the same - they had all the stuff.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
MINI has a *much* better system in place for ordered cars. I've custom ordered two MINIs over the years and they had a site you could go to and check where your car was at through the whole process. You could even track the boat as it made it's way "across the pond" (though that was through a separate non-MINI site). Usually took about 2 months.

I got an estimated build date for my Rubicon this morning too - next Friday. I'm trying to distract myself with other projects, but it's not making the wait much easier. Maybe I'll order some mud flaps tonight ...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There ya go. The Overland has the step or bar which would take the place of any mud flap for the front but the sales guy said to order a pair of rears for it. Dang, I can't wait.............
I need to search the forums here for info on brake controller and what wiring I need, etc. - may as well do some of that in the mean time, too.
Did I say - I can't wait?

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I too am in D1 as of 2 days ago. Looks like you are a few days ahead of me. I will be following you. Good Luck!!

HARTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired LE
Thank you HTX for the link to chat. My Sting Gray Rubi is due at the dealership in about a week............Nice
Sponsored