BuiltRight Bed Rails & JCR Offroad MOLLE Panels Installed

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I don't think I'm covering any new ground here but figured there might be people with questions about the setup and how it looks so here you go...
Jeep Gladiator BuiltRight Bed Rails & JCR Offroad MOLLE Panels Installed TruckBedStock

Jeep Gladiator BuiltRight Bed Rails & JCR Offroad MOLLE Panels Installed 20200822_152222

Jeep Gladiator BuiltRight Bed Rails & JCR Offroad MOLLE Panels Installed 20200823_113835

The guys that sprayed in the Line-X did a good job of plugging all the holes so no real issues having to clean out any of the bolt holes like I've seen with some of the factory sprayed liners. One of the factory bolt holes for the rail system on the passenger side has some pretty messed up threads (bolt wouldn't even thread in) so had to clear it out with a tap but once that was done the bed rails went in with the supplied hardware no problem and no special tools required..

I went with the JCR Offroad MOLLE panels because they mount behind the rail system instead of into the rail system which seems like it gives the maximum amount of flexibility for future needs but I'm sure the BuiltRight MOLLE panels work great. Getting a wrench on the nuts when installing the JCR panels to the panel mounts was pretty interesting for some of them but with a little bit of patience and some thin wrenches it works.

Happy to provide any additional pictures or measurements if that is helpful to anyone.

Now to figure out a bed rack/canopy solution...
Sponsored

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Looks good. Thinking about this same setup. How long did it take to get the JCR panels?

OP
OP
bhadfield

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good. Thinking about this same setup. How long did it take to get the JCR panels?
Thanks. They were at my door right around 3 weeks after I ordered them, about the same for the BuiltRight rails.

Sponsored

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I don't think I'm covering any new ground here but figured there might be people with questions about the setup and how it looks so here you go...
Jeep Gladiator BuiltRight Bed Rails & JCR Offroad MOLLE Panels Installed Jg105n

The guys that sprayed in the Line-X did a good job of plugging all the holes so no real issues having to clean out any of the bolt holes like I've seen with some of the factory sprayed liners. One of the factory bolt holes for the rail system on the passenger side has some pretty messed up threads (bolt wouldn't even thread in) so had to clear it out with a tap but once that was done the bed rails went in with the supplied hardware no problem and no special tools required..

I went with the JCR Offroad MOLLE panels because they mount behind the rail system instead of into the rail system which seems like it gives the maximum amount of flexibility for future needs but I'm sure the BuiltRight MOLLE panels work great. Getting a wrench on the nuts when installing the JCR panels to the panel mounts was pretty interesting for some of them but with a little bit of patience and some thin wrenches it works.

Happy to provide any additional pictures or measurements if that is helpful to anyone.

Now to figure out a bed rack/canopy solution...
Curious, what made you decide on the Builtright rails, but using JCR panels instead of the BuilRight panels?

OP
OP
bhadfield

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Curious, what made you decide on the Builtright rails, but using JCR panels instead of the BuilRight panels?
I think the BuiltRight panels are actually better looking, but the JCR panels mount behind the bed rails and the BuiltRight panels mount on the bed rails. I wanted the extra flexibility for mounting a bed rack or other items in the bed since I haven't come up with a final decision there, most likely it wouldn't make any difference but I didn't want to limit mounting options later.

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I think the BuiltRight panels are actually better looking, but the JCR panels mount behind the bed rails and the BuiltRight panels mount on the bed rails. I wanted the extra flexibility for mounting a bed rack or other items in the bed since I haven't come up with a final decision there, most likely it wouldn't make any difference but I didn't want to limit mounting options later.
That makes total sense. I did not notice the mounting difference upon first glance.

Looks great BTW!

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
After looking at your pictures and watching the install video on the JCR website I still have a question for you. Do the MOLLE panels block the 2x4 slot on the side of the bed?

Looks great BTW

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
After looking at your pictures and watching the install video on the JCR website I still have a question for you. Do the MOLLE panels block the 2x4 slot on the side of the bed?

Looks great BTW
The slot is really more into the wheel well isnt it? I say no, unless I'm misunderstanding the intent.

Sponsored

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The slot is really more into the wheel well isnt it? I say no, unless I'm misunderstanding the intent.
There is also the indent at the rear behind the wheel well. Between the wheell well and the plug/ tie down.

Screenshot_20200917-072949_Chrome.png