22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer

KQL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for gladiator
I also experienced poor alignment compared to the stock screw angle. But the screw did catch the threads and went in without too much resistance. It looked like the piece I was threading the screw into was pretty thin, which can sometimes accept a different angle, since there’s only a couple of threads there. Maybe I got lucky.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
I had the same exact mount in my Gladiator for the last couple months. I didn't notice any issues with the install. I also added the two additional screws they consider optional. And used the tape that was underneath. It was hell to remove LOL.

Anyway, I stepped up to their Rubi Grid system because I needed more space to mount things. It screws down the same way, except on both sides of the pocket. That one went in fine, too.

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Here is how mine is sitting. The OEM hole is pretty far away from the base hole. The base doesn't sit in there in any way to hit the OEM hole properly.
Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues IMG_0401

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues IMG_0402

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Weird. Mine looks like that and I was able to use a nut driver and put the screw into the angled portion no problem. When I get back to the house after work I'll look at my base like that again and see if its shaped differently.

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Gave it another try and the base tore the threads off the screw. I’ll be returning it if they say this is the right base.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Gave it another try and the base tore the threads off the screw. I’ll be returning it if they say this is the right base.
Checked mine. The base I have is identical. So the angled tab hole does not line up at all to the hole in the dash, you can't see the screw hole through the tab?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a piece-o-cake. Just make sure that you hold the mount away from the dash while starting the screw so the tape doesn't grab making it impossible to reposition..........
My base looks like that - perfect fit. Do you have it a bit too far to the left? It doesn't fit right up snug against the left edge of the cubby.
Did you use the tape first? Don't! do a test fit, then pull the film off the tape and hold it away from the dash while starting the screw. If you set the tape first, you're likely screwed.

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues 20221113_091241

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Mine was a piece-o-cake. Just make sure that you hold the mount away from the dash while starting the screw so the tape doesn't grab making it impossible to reposition..........
My base looks like that - perfect fit. Do you have it a bit too far to the left? It doesn't fit right up snug against the left edge of the cubby.
Did you use the tape first? Don't! do a test fit, then pull the film off the tape and hold it away from the dash while starting the screw. If you set the tape first, you're likely screwed.

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues 20221113_091241
I do recall making this same maneuver. Getting the screw started at an angle and then plopping it down. I thought I was gonna tear the dash off the firewall trying to remove it yesterday 🤣

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer

I was test fitting with the seal on the tape. I have no maneuverability to better align the holes. Even trying to slide the base towards the center doesn’t align the holes. I need the entire base to come forward but I don’t have space for it. The right side of the base doesn’t create a 90 degree angle with the front wall. I’d have to make a slanted cut in my original tray mat.

I’m thinking this has to be the wrong base.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The right side of the base doesn’t create a 90 degree angle with the front wall. I’d have to make a slanted cut in my original tray mat.
That's exactly right. It doesn't, and you'd have to........... their die is off - that, or the shape of the cubby in the top of the dash is less than perfect which is very possible.

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues 20221130_220120

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues 20221130_220155_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues 20221130_220159

Jeep Gladiator Bulletpoint Driver Side Single Base Install Issues 20221130_220209

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Must be some variance. Mine was mounted straight. My tray mat was cut straight to fit (I double checked, it was in my closet).

Heck, maybe I just stuck it down, ran the hex head screw in best I could, and stuck the other two screws in to seal the deal. You two guys definitely looked at it a lot closer than I did, LOL.

You 100% have the correct base - it just doesn't appear to be making the fit you are looking for.

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Bulletpoint shipped out a new base this morning and said this new one should resolve the issues I'm experiencing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bulletpoint shipped out a new base this morning and said this new one should resolve the issues I'm experiencing.
I wonder if the one you received was somehow mis-stamped. It happens. My father was a UAW member and worked in a factory for years. The number of parts that end up as "seconds" or damaged or mis-stamped isn't huge, but it happens. Normally they get caught, not always. (he ended up being a chief line inspector)
In the auto industry, what used to happen, just as an example, if a fender for a car ended up off by a bit and not an easy fit in the line, it would be set aside and tagged for sale through a dealership as a replacement part. "Let the dealer make it fit, we don't have time to mess with it".
I have a NOS (new, old stock) grill for a 1970 Javelin (worth a couple of grand now, I suspect) and I can see why it got boxed up and ended up at a dealership to sell as a replacement part - the paint masking was way off. There's silver where there should be no silver, and the mesh part has spots the silver didn't touch. No way to put that on a new car - but the dealer could touch it up or repaint it and install it.
I have rare 1970 bumper mounted park/turn signals, complete pair in the boxes - mis-drilled! No way to make the screws go in and hit the threaded holes in the bumper.

For parts like these mounts, it's going to happen here and there. You'd hope they'd see and catch it, but unless they use a test jig and actually TRY to mount it on the jig or at least place it on the jig and look to see that the hole lines up and it sits squarely on the jig - visually it may look fine.
The biggest part of it all - does a company recognize "s#!t happens" and take care of the customer? Anyone can sell parts - support is what makes a company stand out.
Mine fits and is solid. My OCD hates that it's not a perfect square fit and there's a slight angle and it touches the edge of the dash recess on the left - but what's saving it is I can't see it. (unless I hold my phone up and take pictures - now I have to go delete those photos so I can forget it's imperfect)
It's solid as heck and holds my phone and snow plow control perfectly.

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wonder if the one you received was somehow mis-stamped. It happens. My father was a UAW member and worked in a factory for years. The number of parts that end up as "seconds" or damaged or mis-stamped isn't huge, but it happens. Normally they get caught, not always. (he ended up being a chief line inspector)
In the auto industry, what used to happen, just as an example, if a fender for a car ended up off by a bit and not an easy fit in the line, it would be set aside and tagged for sale through a dealership as a replacement part. "Let the dealer make it fit, we don't have time to mess with it".
I have a NOS (new, old stock) grill for a 1970 Javelin (worth a couple of grand now, I suspect) and I can see why it got boxed up and ended up at a dealership to sell as a replacement part - the paint masking was way off. There's silver where there should be no silver, and the mesh part has spots the silver didn't touch. No way to put that on a new car - but the dealer could touch it up or repaint it and install it.
I have rare 1970 bumper mounted park/turn signals, complete pair in the boxes - mis-drilled! No way to make the screws go in and hit the threaded holes in the bumper.

For parts like these mounts, it's going to happen here and there. You'd hope they'd see and catch it, but unless they use a test jig and actually TRY to mount it on the jig or at least place it on the jig and look to see that the hole lines up and it sits squarely on the jig - visually it may look fine.
The biggest part of it all - does a company recognize "s#!t happens" and take care of the customer? Anyone can sell parts - support is what makes a company stand out.
Mine fits and is solid. My OCD hates that it's not a perfect square fit and there's a slight angle and it touches the edge of the dash recess on the left - but what's saving it is I can't see it. (unless I hold my phone up and take pictures - now I have to go delete those photos so I can forget it's imperfect)
It's solid as heck and holds my phone and snow plow control perfectly.
Yeah I completely get it and being they are an Ohio based company (I was born and raised in Ohio) I chose them over 67 Designs. Really happy with their customer service so far. Response in less than 24 hours and they didn't ask questions. I received a new order confirmation before I received their response that a new base was being shipped.

The fitment issues don't bother me a whole bunch because it's not visible, but I don't like forcing a screw into a hole when it doesn't look like it wants to be in the hole. Threads stripped off the screw because it was grinding against the base. I likely just got second stock or a piece that didn't get a QA check. Sometimes you just grab one or two from the line every 10-20 pieces.
Sponsored