Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I read it - and you said -

That means they use the Overland rims on other trims that get body matched fenders. Is the Rubicon not another trim level of the JT?
You said they look like overland rims - they also use those rims on other trims - what else would that mean?
I didn't realize Rubicon is the only other trim Jeep makes 🤔 .

They use those rims on 80th Anniversary also, which has body matched fenders.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator on fire, burned to the ground… 1629769321661

It would be helpful if you stop just reading what you want to read, or at least if you're going to do that don't go posting about what you wanted to read, post about what's actually been written. Very bad habit of yours.
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this today in Calgary when I was coming home. Not even going to speculate other than maybe it was too heavy a trailer, and it got awfully hot up front.
I'm betting he wanted a manual, the salesman told him it had the tow package, he assumed that met he had the max tow and away he went.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t there been a couple of threads on here about diesel owners struggling with the transmission or engine overheating while towing?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

It would be helpful if you stop just reading what you want to read, or at least if you're going to do that don't go posting about what you wanted to read, post about what's actually been written. Very bad habit of yours.
Sorry, I take posts literally - you just said "other trims.........."
The 80th Anniversary is what - based on the sport (if there is anything based on anything that is) so there's two possible options unless they are aftermarket. Does that sound right?
But in the end I suppose what "trim" it is doesn't really matter, just musing, wondering........ any level can be modified to whatever the owner wants it to be.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t there been a couple of threads on here about diesel owners struggling with the transmission or engine overheating while towing?
Engines - yes, but those things shut down before they'd be THAT HOT. Diesel fuel also doesn't burn as easily as more volatile gasoline. You can set a pan of gas down on the pavement and toss a match next to it and start a fire.... can toss a lit match into diesel......

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm betting he wanted a manual, the salesman told him it had the tow package, he assumed that met he had the max tow and away he went.
Not directly related to the OP, but to what you said - there have been people come into the forum with Overland and Rubicon and suggest that because the tow package is there "I have max tow".
That term has been tossed around a lot and very misunderstood.
There's no tow packages, tow package, then max tow............and the sad part is a lot of that can be blamed on the sales people.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I know you hate my guts and always have. Lived with that for decades - all through school. When a person has what I do - you are very literal, among other things. It's the story of my life and not a thing can be done about it. It's how things are wired. It's classified in ADA even.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Sorry, I take posts literally - you just said "other trims.........."
The 80th Anniversary is what - based on the sport (if there is anything based on anything that is) so there's two possible options unless they are aftermarket. Does that sound right?
But in the end I suppose what "trim" it is doesn't really matter, just musing, wondering........ any level can be modified to whatever the owner wants it to be.
no. and even if you want to go with the backwards excuse making logic, the 80th A as being based on the sport would then mean these are used on a variation of the sport... another trim. so... no

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Lately, 9 out of 10 truck fires I see online are diesels. Usually full size, but ther've also been a few EcoDs.

Sponsored

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
Lately, 9 out of 10 truck fires I see online are diesels. Usually full size, but ther've also been a few EcoDs.
i wonder why, it’s harder than hell to start a diesel fire. Stuff just doesn’t burn well like gasoline.

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
i wonder why, it’s harder than hell to start a diesel fire. Stuff just doesn’t burn well like gasoline.
In all fairness diesels are typically towing a heavy load and see more abuse every days (at least the non soccer mom/mall crawler ones) lol