Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
From my dealer:
"Hi Tom,

Just a reminder. As soon as you respond with all 10's on the survey then that will activate your free 2 years of free service that I am giving you for being such a great client.

Thanks so much once again. "

Huh? I have to say you're perfect or else?
Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Most dealers do this when I bought my gladiator the salesman said be sure and give us all 10 on the dealership reviews and it’s not just Jeep dealers I have had plenty of Ford trucks and Ford does the same thing no telling how many dealership review Emails I get just got my oil changed in my gladiator and before I got home I already had an Email for the service department review

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Every dealer does this, but what he is requesting is wrong. I'd 100% report this to Jeep, this type of dealer behavior is unacceptable IMO.

I worked at BMW corporate for years and dealt with dealers all over the country, so unfortunately nothing surprises me anymore. I'd also give him crap scores now too, lol.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Use your jeep wave oil changes at another dealer

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
The dealers want good reviews because I think they must get some kind if kick back from FCA dealers are more worried about their reviews than anything else take another make of auto to the dealership for anything and you automatically will be sent a survey or a review

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
The reviews are tied to the CSI scores which have a lot of influence on various areas of the business. Manipulating them by "bribing" or even requesting that you give a good score is very dishonorable and pretty much ruins the whole point of the system. I would definitely report any dealer who does this sort of thing or has their salesmen request that you give them a good review. Answer the surveys honestly, it has the potential to make a bad dealer change their ways.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
To be clear: I don’t mind a dealer asking for perfect scores, or even saying “If you don’t think you can give us perfect scores, let us know now and we’ll make it right.”

But this ain’t that. This is just bribery.
I agree.
I’d give them a few zero’s for trying to shake you down like that. Then go to the Jeep website and sign up for the Jeep wave program../

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty slimy.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
From my dealer:
"Hi Tom,

Just a reminder. As soon as you respond with all 10's on the survey then that will activate your free 2 years of free service that I am giving you for being such a great client.

Thanks so much once again. "

Huh? I have to say you're perfect or else?
That's BS! My salesman was total dog shit; I had ordered an LE so they just arbitrarily assigned me to some slack ass and I ended up finishing the deal with the GM and parts manager. They knew I was completely unhappy and gave them all 1's or zeroes (I can't remember if zero was an option???) and someone from Jeep actually followed up with me. My 2 years of free service was not contingent on a thing!!!!

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
The reviews are tied to the CSI scores which have a lot of influence on various areas of the business. Manipulating them by "bribing" or even requesting that you give a good score is very dishonorable and pretty much ruins the whole point of the system. I would definitely report any dealer who does this sort of thing or has their salesmen request that you give them a good review. Answer the surveys honestly, it has the potential to make a bad dealer change their ways.
And this is exactly why I give honest answers. I recently had my rear window replaced in my soft top. It was scratched at the dealer before I took delivery. It took almost 8 weeks to get the part. None of that do I hold the dealer responsible for, shit happens. However, the rear window takes a good 1-2 minuets to remove and replace by the average Joe. I asked for the part so I could just switch it out and leave since I didn't want to wait all damn day for the tech to put in the window. No can do. According to the service adviser, the dealer techs must perform the work to be covered by the warranty. Whatever man, just do the job. So 45 minuets later the service adviser tells me my truck is ready and out the door I go. Before I even get to the truck I can tell something isn't right. The window is wavy. When I get to the truck, the entire bottom of the window isn't even in the channel. It just so happens that the next vehicle to be worked on is parked right beside where they parked my truck. The service adviser comes out to get it and I say "Hey, the window isn't even in the channel at the bottom." and I proceed to lift the bottom of the panel to demonstrate. I get "Huh. Do you want a job?"

And that boys and girls is why my survey answers are truth. NOBODY should be taking their vehicle to a dealer service department where the techs don't even know how to install a window in a soft top. I have always despised that dealer's shop (dealer to the county vehicles) and know better than to go there but the sales guy is awesome and since I bought the truck there and it was damaged pre-sale I had them order the part.

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
It is true that for a warranty claim to be done correctly that a tech does have to do the work and it has to be put on a Repair Order. The days of doing whatever you need to do to make a customer happy have been replaced by a lot of paperwork and red tape.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Those surveys are pass/fail for the dealers so they are under incredible pressure.
If even one thing is not a 10 it counts against them.
It's ridiculous because 10 is labeled as "truly exceptional"
My sales guy took the time to explain this: much better process than bribery/holding service hostage.