Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
Hey jeep peeps,

So I convinced the wifey to take my JLU sport and I'm pulling the trigger on a Rubi. What color should i get and should i keep 4 doors or buy a 2 door shorty. Please help a fella out with opinions and pics

Thank you
Sponsored

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
if i was to get a 2nd jeep it would be a granite crystal metallic like my 2 door jl sport. as for the 2 or 4 door. i dont know. my first choice would be a 2 door, but i could go for a 4 door. i'm not crazy on the red accent. i would love to get a 2 door jeep truck like the j6 or j12, if jeep decides to build them, tho, i have a better chance in getting a cj8.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Hey jeep peeps,

So I convinced the wifey to take my JLU sport and I'm pulling the trigger on a Rubi. What color should i get and should i keep 4 doors or buy a 2 door shorty. Please help a fella out with opinions and pics

Thank you
jsut a heads up there is a 2door rubi for sell on the forums for 40k. has 8500 miles according to the post. has a full long arm kit by evo running 37" tires. very clean looking

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
jsut a heads up there is a 2door rubi for sell on the forums for 40k. has 8500 miles according to the post. has a full long arm kit by evo running 37" tires. very clean looking
Anyone have a pic?

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Best decision I ever made! EcoDiesel is a monster.

112F1952-0187-456D-BE95-73DDD225B50B.jpeg
I am leaning toward white with red accents. Painted tops and fenders with steel bumpers... how much more is the diesel compared to turbo and v6?

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I opted for OCean Blue, wife has a PunkN Sahara.

Buy what color you like but I am not a gray/black/white/silver type, have a white, silver and black car, PITA to keep clean looking. Since I ordered got what I want. Per 4 dr or 2 dr, I choose the 4 dr for larger size and more room.

upload_2020-4-7_13-56-40.png

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I am leaning toward white with red accents. Painted tops and fenders with steel bumpers... how much more is the diesel compared to turbo and v6?
The diesel was around 3k more over the V6. Worth every penny i promise you

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hey jeep peeps,

Thank you
What we like should not matter. Get the color you want most. I always like the military inspired colors. Sarge Green just became available. Sting Gray is awesome. I wish Gobi or another tan was available. You can't go wrong with any of the "fun" colors either. No bad choices.

You have a 4-door already. Maybe try a 2-door.

I am biased towards 2-door models. I own a Granite Crystal Metallic 2-door Rubicon and would buy another 2-door the next time around. I love the look, compact size, the short wheel base and maneuverability.

I HIGHLY recommend these options:
LED headlights (Best headlight I have ever had on any vehicle)
8.4" Infotainment w/ Alpine (Larger screen is nice, the Alpine is worth it alone)
Proximity Door Locks (A lot of people regret not getting this and adding it is not easy)
Tow Package with HD electrical and most importantly the Auxiliary switches (Makes wiring a breeze)

Check out the Rubicon based Recon. It's good value IF you want the options it has. You save a little cash also because they bundles options.

Have fun deciding and building your Rubicon!

Last edited: