First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I added this simple mod for about $15 of stuff from Home Depot. Yeah, I know someone could still cut it with a knife, but I feel better knowing I am keeping opportunistic thieves out. Simple solution and I can also run this and a spare through the handles of my toolbox and storage boxes when I am leaving the cover open.
Jeep Gladiator Cable Lock Solution for Rolling Tonneau Cover IMG_20200518_083931

Jeep Gladiator Cable Lock Solution for Rolling Tonneau Cover IMG_20200518_083936

Jeep Gladiator Cable Lock Solution for Rolling Tonneau Cover IMG_20200518_083942
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Many people with soft-top Jeeps and soft convertibles leave the doors unlocked on purpose so they DON'T get cut. I had my soft top cut once to steal my cassettes (yes, that long ago). From then on I just left the doors unlocked and put the tapes in the trunk.

So neat idea, but you may have it backwards. No insult intended, just another consideration. I'm thinking about adding a pin switch for the alarm or a motion sensor.

OP
OP
bheath-atx

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
On my 88 Wrangler (yes, I'm that old too), I had a soft top with non-locking doors and they still cut the windows out to get in. They stole my golf shoes and a box of cassettes and left the lift and pull out stereo in. There are all sorts of thieves and you'll never protect from all of them. I just want to stop the crime of opportunity by making it a little harder for now much $. I guess I'll find out. I can always leave the cover unrolled and cable up my stuff as well, so not wasted $.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Well my cassettes were stolen out of my 1975 Triump TR6, so...

But your idea about locking the stuff with a very long cable is a great one. I mean, even locking up all the cloth bags means slowing them down a bit. Locking the gas can, jack, and stuff like that means they need cable cutters, so at least it stops the unprepared thief.
Sponsored