First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
ZAutomotive (manufacturer of the Tazer programmer for JK, JL and JT) says they can help JT owners program the OE bed 110 outlet and dash switch. They need an owner who has a Tazer and has the factory-installed bed outlet to add this functionality to the Tazer. If we can get such a volunteer to do a BCM Read for them. If you're willing to help, just let me know your email address and I'll share it with ZAutomotive. Or you can text them at 631-533-3363 or email them at [email protected].
Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
I fit this criteria, so I sent an email to their support.

OP
OP
Shultz01

Shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
I sent them my BCM logs on Friday. Hopefully it was what they needed.
The support person at ZAutomotive says he got your file and has already written the function into the Tazer, it just needs to be tested. He had a customer that was going to test it for him, but they got rear ended and now their JT is in the shop. So we wait...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shultz01

Shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
I have all the OE parts installed and am doing testing with the ZAutomotive support person. I gave him all the part numbers and he's going to put together a How To once we have it working.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
ZAutomotive (manufacturer of the Tazer programmer for JK, JL and JT) says they can help JT owners program the OE bed 110 outlet and dash switch. They need an owner who has a Tazer and has the factory-installed bed outlet to add this functionality to the Tazer. If we can get such a volunteer to do a BCM Read for them. If you're willing to help, just let me know your email address and I'll share it with ZAutomotive. Or you can text them at 631-533-3363 or email them at [email protected].
What would this programming entail/allow owners to do?

OP
OP
Shultz01

Shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
What would this programming entail/allow owners to do?
This allows you to add the OE Mopar bed outlet with all OE parts. Once you add all the parts you need to enable the outlet by flashing the CPU. The dealer can't go this because they can only flash what was programmed to your VIN at the factory. So ZAutomotive is adding this capability to the Tazer.

Some of us prefer adding a second, more powerful inverter. If you don't have the factory inverter then that's what you'll need to do or add a 12-volt outlet instead. Either way this thread won't apply to those without an OE inverter and the rear seat 115v outlet or who prefer a second inverter.

I prefer a clean OE look and plug/play install, so this is the route I'm going.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This allows you to add the OE Mopar bed outlet with all OE parts. Once you add all the parts you need to enable the outlet by flashing the CPU. The dealer can't go this because they can only flash what was programmed to your VIN at the factory. So ZAutomotive is adding this capability to the Tazer.

Some of us prefer adding a second, more powerful inverter. If you don't have the factory inverter then that's what you'll need to do or add a 12-volt outlet instead. Either way this thread won't apply to those without an OE inverter and the rear seat 115v outlet or who prefer a second inverter.

I prefer a clean OE look and plug/play install, so this is the route I'm going.
How are you adding the second inverter?

OP
OP
Shultz01

Shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
I went the OE route using the OE inverter. If you add another inverter you’d wire it directly to the battery.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't the OE inverter in the bed time out after 10 minutes? Is there any way to extend/turn off that feature with the Tazer now that they are digging into it. Would love to go OE if I can get past that hurdle.

OP
OP
Shultz01

Shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2020 JT
Occupation
Sales
Hello All. I promised ZAutomotive that I’d let the forum know about the success.
Firmware version 11.2.4 is now released for everyone to update to.

Super56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon '20 Granite Crystal
Hello All. I promised ZAutomotive that I’d let the forum know about the success.
Firmware version 11.2.4 is now released for everyone to update to.
Sweet! Does anyone have the parts list to order to add the bed outlet? I have the rear passenger 400W outlet, would really like to add the bed outlet as well... assuming install shouldn't be too difficult?
Sponsored