Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Ooops. put it in the wrong section. Admins, feel free to move to the canopy group if you want.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
I have been to their location near me in San Marcos and was actually there yesterday for their open house. One of the employees has it on his Gladiator. It's a sweet setup and looks very stout. It's built to the Gladiators dimensions and is not a generic fit. Very nice product built in Australia.

The Gladiator in the picture from your link is the one at the shop all the time that I am referring to and checked out for myself.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks very slick. But for the money, I can think of all the other things I could get. I guess if you absoltuely neede a fully integrated roof top camper, then its worth it. But wow.

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
That looks very slick. But for the money, I can think of all the other things I could get. I guess if you absoltuely neede a fully integrated roof top camper, then its worth it. But wow.
Yeah its expensive. But it's half the price of the alu-cab. And way cheaper than at overland and gfc. So just another option out there. I do agree, its insanity what these companies are charging though.

Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Yeah its expensive. But it's half the price of the alu-cab. And way cheaper than at overland and gfc. So just another option out there. I do agree, its insanity what these companies are charging though.
Actually the USA made (in Montana) GFC is less expensive and also weighs less. I'm writing this from one right now.

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
Yeah I don’t know if I’m looking at the right camper, but the one you linked to shows a price of $12,999. My GFC installed was just over $8,000. the Camper King looks like a knock off of Alu-Cab, but the Alu-Cab is cheaper by a few hundred bucks (shipped from Ok4WD). I’m all for seeing other options in the market.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I don’t know if I’m looking at the right camper, but the one you linked to shows a price of $12,999. My GFC installed was just over $8,000. the Camper King looks like a knock off of Alu-Cab, but the Alu-Cab is cheaper by a few hundred bucks (shipped from Ok4WD). I’m all for seeing other options in the market.
He is probably thinking of the cost of a Khaya vs the standard Canopy Camper.

I like the ACCC more than the other options because of the back door. There have been a few times I wish I still had a tailgate, but for the most part I like the side swing door.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Yea not sure where the cost is coming from on this vs a GFC.

GFC is 100lbs lighter, and $4000 cheaper. Different types of doors for sure, prob different and locking mechanism compared to the GFC (my only gripe).

But different side locks does not constitute $4000 or an additional 100lbs.

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
I just saw on another thread (RSI SmartCap) a new camper on the market, that is also a knock off of Alu-Cab in a lot of respects. The Gaia Truck Camper, I do like its tent doors/windows. I wouldn’t trade my GFC, but it’s another option out there. Oh, and it’s a better price than the Camp King.

https://gaiacampersusa.com/
Sponsored