Sponsored

Campers!! What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper??

Olympusreptiles

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 80th anniversary
Occupation
Police
Wife thinks she wants to camp. I hope so. If a few trips go well, I might want to get something a little more luxurious than the home made (not by me) overland trailer I have. So, show me what you are pulling!

For the record, jt 80th, tow (not max). If correct, 6000 lb limit. Come on y'all, what ya got?
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I pull a Patriot Campers X1. Weights about 3000 pounds fully loaded, and suits us very well.

Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? IMG_5964 (1).JPG
Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? IMG_5959 (1).JPG

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I don't pull a trailer, however I have a GFC. I prefer this route for a few reasons, although one of the biggest is I have nowhere to place a trailer at home. Second is dogs: no kids and the dogs hate to be picked up so going up a ladder to the tent is out of the question. The GFC fixes that issue for me.
Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? IMG_20210612_194129

OP
OP
Olympusreptiles

Olympusreptiles

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 80th anniversary
Occupation
Police
I don't pull a trailer, however I have a GFC. I prefer this route for a few reasons, although one of the biggest is I have nowhere to place a trailer at home. Second is dogs: no kids and the dogs hate to be picked up so going up a ladder to the tent is out of the question. The GFC fixes that issue for me.
Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? IMG_20210612_194129
Need more details! Pics of inside, how do you access? Does roof freedom panels still come off? How did this effect mpg? Weight? I like this type setup with no ladder.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need more details! Pics of inside, how do you access? Does roof freedom panels still come off? How did this effect mpg? Weight? I like this type setup with no ladder.

So when you open the tent, the "floor" where you sleep actually is removable and whatnot so I access it from inside the bed. You can use a ladder and it is an option if you want, but I don't need it. It is a super cool feature as I can get in and out without waking my GF very easily, and this also allows you to stand up fully (feet on the truck bed) so you can change and such.

Freedom Panels still come off, however the back of the hardtop does not. I am fine with this as I can ride my motorcycle if I really want the "topless" feeling.

MPG's went down maybe 1mpg overall. The bottom of the tent is about two inches off of the top of the hardtop, and only 6 inches tall when closed.

Weight is 275lbs as I have a V1, the V2 is about 225lbs.

The awning is a Kinsmen Hardware 270 degree freestanding awning. Going back to the dogs, I did not want poles for them to get wrapped around. The awning is amazingly strong. I have put a hammock on the awning and slept in it. Don't know any other awning you can do that with LOL.

I went with GFC over other similar campers as they have tested the shit out of theirs for offroading. I am sure the others can take the same abuse, but I did not want to wait another year to know "for sure".

Ill grab more pics later today and post them. I still have plenty of things to add in currently:
- Lights that go inside the bed as well as up into the tent area with two separate dimmer switches, and goes from warm white light to red to fend off bugs
- waiting on my fridge/stove slide to mount into the bed
- waiting on 15 gallon water tank so I can fab up a removable system

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Intech pursue, with a RTT for guests. Rather use campground facilities (or shower tent) than deal with black/gray water in a trailer...

Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? side
Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? side
If I could own a trailer like that I absolutely would. The dogs would go apeshit for that haha

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? tempImageTPKNmW

We have a RTT on our Gladiator and we pull this little (large) tear drop. ~1700lbs dry - works well for us. We have 2 kids w/ another on the way, so the tear drop and tent combined let us sleep everyone w/ comfort.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
Intech pursue, with a RTT for guests. Rather use campground facilities (or shower tent) than deal with black/gray water in a trailer...

Jeep Gladiator Campers!!  What you pulling with your jt, or reasonable overland bed camper?? tempImageTPKNmW
What trailer do you have? Can you post pictures of the inside?

Sponsored

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
I pull a 2000 Coleman Westlake pupup. I just pulled it from Ga to Fl, 363 miles each way, and it pulled great. It weighs a little over 3k.

20210611_203543_HDR.jpg

20210614_155741.jpg
Sponsored