Sponsored

Can Aftermarket suppliers start doing this please?

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
If this can start becoming a common "thing" among aftermarket manufactures, and suppliers, that would be great, thanks in advance...

Alibi Option.jpg

Jeep Gladiator Can Aftermarket suppliers start doing this please? {filename}
Sponsored

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Yesterday I placed an order for door sill protectors and a shorty antenna. I've already received the slush/mud mats. I don't have the truck yet. The eyebrow raise I got from my wife on the most recent order was concerning. :) On the upside, the train is getting closer, so maybe I'll have a truck by the weekend.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yesterday I placed an order for door sill protectors and a shorty antenna. I've already received the slush/mud mats. I don't have the truck yet. The eyebrow raise I got from my wife on the most recent order was concerning. :) On the upside, the train is getting closer, so maybe I'll have a truck by the weekend.
I have sills and floor mats in the mail, just waiting to see the response I get as well lol

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Dangerous, very dangerous. But how do you cover the funds? Do they agree to make small stealth purchases over a period of days so it looks like coffee etc?

Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Shortly after my purchase I placed a lot of "smaller" dollar orders like you: Floor mats, window tint, stubby antenna, decals, sill protectors, cargo hooks, etc. I was on a roll until I mentioned to my wife that I wish my Overland had more aggressive-looking tires. I think all she heard was that I was going to buy new tires for my 10 day old truck and she quickly put a stop to that! In hind sight maybe I should have lead with the tire purchase :facepalm:.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Shortly after my purchase I placed a lot of "smaller" dollar orders like you: Floor mats, window tint, stubby antenna, decals, sill protectors, cargo hooks, etc. I was on a roll until I mentioned to my wife that I wish my Overland had more aggressive-looking tires. I think all she heard was that I was going to buy new tires for my 10 day old truck and she quickly put a stop to that! In hind sight maybe I should have lead with the tire purchase :facepalm:.
I took care of that by taking my wife to the auto show to see a Gladiator Rubicon then I explained all the items I would have to add like on my last JK.

After staring at it for a few minutes she suggested just getting a Rubicon. Problem solved.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Separate bank accounts and direct percentage of income division of bills between me and my wife have not made us argue over any money issue the last 20+ years of marriage. None of this hiding from the other or getting permission stuff when either one wants to buy something.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
If this can start becoming a common "thing" among aftermarket manufactures, and suppliers, that would be great, thanks in advance...

Just one of the REASONS I've never looked back since getting over that nasty divorce in 1986 ! Girl Friends came and went and nary-a-one gave me "grief" about money issues, and the one or two that did . . . well, it was the last conversation we likely had ! ? Are there "other regrets"? Sure, but they don't outshine all the "good stuff" ! For which I'm truly grateful .

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

The right way to do this here is to make it look like you’re saving money by buying a less than loaded vehicle, and ‘set aside’ some of that savings to get it up to spec. It’s amazing how good it looks when you only spend $3000 to get your new car up to where you want while saving $6-7000.

Everyone likes saving money, right???

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Vendors should partner with The Bouqs on a batch of arrangements based on dollars spent with sentimental cards ready to go, its the sensible thing to do. Stone simple and high quality flowers at good prices and you can schedule and prepurchase all your flower needs. https://bouqs.com

They even have a bouquet for when you buy your new truck over 4th of July weekend! What's another 50 bucks to let her know you just bought a 50k vase for them to go in?!

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I took care of that by taking my wife to the auto show to see a Gladiator Rubicon then I explained all the items I would have to add like on my last JK.

After staring at it for a few minutes she suggested just getting a Rubicon. Problem solved.
I did the exact same thing. Thank God my wife shares my vision of what “badass” looks like.

Windstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Vendors should partner with The Bouqs on a batch of arrangements based on dollars spent with sentimental cards ready to go, its the sensible thing to do. Stone simple and high quality flowers at good prices and you can schedule and prepurchase all your flower needs. https://bouqs.com

They even have a bouquet for when you buy your new truck over 4th of July weekend! What's another 50 bucks to let her know you just bought a 50k vase for them to go in?!
Hmm, well, there definitely is some truth in your words, but you shouldn’t take it so critical because everyone wants to earn as much as possible and sometimes everyone forgets about morality and ethical standards. For example, I recently chose a tractor for a garden in a store and the seller sold me one model with a defect and said that it works fine. This is a good example of my words. After that I had to return this product to pick up my money and already see the rating of the best tractors for the garden on the independent site https://www.growgardener.com. So always be careful!

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Word to the wise: If your significant other doesn’t support your hobbies the next one will. :champagne:
Sponsored