Can I put Falcon SP2 2.1 shocks without the lift? PLEASE HELP

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm looking to purchase Falcon 2.1 shocks. I don't intend to lift my trunk, but I'm seeking new shocks because the stock ones are too soft and bouncy. I noticed Falcon offers shocks for 0-1.5 inches and I'm curious about the range. Are these shocks height-adjustable? Can they be used whether my trunk has no lift or a 1.5-inch lift without any problems? I am just a bit confused. I'd appreciate some clarification on this.

Typically, I'll be using my trunk on roads. Could you guys advise whether the Falcon 2.1 or 3.3 shocks are recommended? Alternatively, are there other good and affordable shock options? Additionally, if I'm only replacing the shocks, will I need to add any other suspension components? I believe not, as I'm not altering the height. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you so much!
Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I put the Falcon 2.1 shocks on my non lifted 2022 Overland for the same reasons you are looking for. the 0-1.5" range is not height adjustable but rather fits in the range of no lift up to 1.5" lift. I have been REALLY HAPPY with them. I have put a little over 6K miles on them so far. greatly improved the ride quality.

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the Falcon 2.1 shocks on my non lifted 2022 Overland for the same reasons you are looking for. the 0-1.5" range is not height adjustable but rather fits in the range of no lift up to 1.5" lift. I have been REALLY HAPPY with them. I have put a little over 6K miles on them so far. greatly improved the ride quality.
I am glad you liked them! I know 3.3 is a great set but not sure if is it overkill for what I really need. Did you notice your shocks give you a little bit of height?

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I am glad you liked them! I know 3.3 is a great set but not sure if is it overkill for what I really need. Did you notice your shocks give you a little bit of height?
no height difference from the shocks. the 2.1 were expensive enough but I love the way it rides. Bought mine from @Northridge4x4

IMG_3948.jpeg

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no height difference from the shocks. the 2.1 were expensive enough but I love the way it rides. Bought mine from @Northridge4x4

Jeep Gladiator Can I put Falcon SP2 2.1 shocks without the lift? PLEASE HELP IMG_3948
Beautiful trunk. True, they ain't cheap. Is there going to be Black Friday sales?
One more question. I know that Clayton offers a 1.5-inch Ride Right lift kit. So if I install the shock, I can always install 1.5-inch Ride Right lift kit later right? Since they all are same height range.

Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Beautiful trunk. True, they ain't cheap. Is there going to be Black Friday sales?
One more question. I know that Clayton offers a 1.5-inch Ride Right lift kit. So if I install the shock, I can always install 1.5-inch Ride Right lift kit later right? Since they all are same height range.
don't know about the Black Friday deals, but yes to your second question.

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 2 door, 23 Gladiator.......
Get the adjustable shocks….. you and no one on earth has or will ever regret it. But on the other hand people that did not get the adjustable ones have always stated I wish I would’ve got the adjustable ones……

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get the adjustable shocks….. you and no one on earth has or will ever regret it. But on the other hand people that did not get the adjustable ones have always stated I wish I would’ve got the adjustable ones……
True. People said many great things about the adjustable ones. I am just not sure if it’s an overkill for what I need since I drive 90% on road.

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 2 door, 23 Gladiator.......
True. People said many great things about the adjustable ones. I am just not sure if it’s an overkill for what I need since I drive 90% on road.
My point is you do not know…… for city and road driving I put it on two different settings. If you want to stiffen them up and have it as a little bit like a sports car you can or do you want a Cadillac ride and you have everything in between for city or road driving. For three days you put the setting on zero and the next three days you put the setting on three, the next three days he put the setting on five, the next three days he put the setting on seven and so on until you find a happy setting, and if they are not adjustable, you got to deal with whatever you get from them. You could ask 25 people on this form and everybody would like it at a slightly different setting than each other. So therefore you really don’t know what is best for you until you test it out on the different settings. That is my point. It is a real crap shot If you do not get them adjustable.

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Maybe I just got lucky but the 2.1 are great. I did not want the adjustable.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have been running these shocks for the last 3+ years and have portered them over twice on my last two gladiators.

Bit of advice, if you actually do put a small level lift in the front, at least put a 1" bump stop on the front setup.

Jeep Gladiator Can I put Falcon SP2 2.1 shocks without the lift? PLEASE HELP 20191122_113721

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Been running the 2.1’s for 2 months on the softest setting and they have been wonderful so far. Paired with a 1.5 leveling kit.

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been running these shocks for the last 3+ years and have portered them over twice on my last two gladiators.

Bit of advice, if you actually do put a small level lift in the front, at least put a 1" bump stop on the front setup.

Jeep Gladiator Can I put Falcon SP2 2.1 shocks without the lift? PLEASE HELP 20191122_113721
Nice! Did you set it to soft setting? How do you like it? Did you put any leveling kit in the front?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Nice! Did you set it to soft setting? How do you like it? Did you put any leveling kit in the front?
I have it set on the soft setting since it is 95% of the time my daily commuter. Work fine for my needs and I have no complaints with it. Have not messed with the "Performance" off road setting so I do not have a mental comparison of that.

Currently run a Synergy Manufacturing 2" front coil set and with the bumper and winch, right at about 1.5" of static true lift on the front. Also run a set of the MOPAR extended lower control arms, extended front sway bar end links from the MOPAR 2" kit and a JKS front track bar keeping everything centered along with a set of 1" bump stops as previously mention.

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have it set on the soft setting since it is 95% of the time my daily commuter. Work fine for my needs and I have no complaints with it. Have not messed with the "Performance" off road setting so I do not have a mental comparison of that.

Currently run a Synergy Manufacturing 2" front coil set and with the bumper and winch, right at about 1.5" of static true lift on the front. Also run a set of the MOPAR extended lower control arms, extended front sway bar end links from the MOPAR 2" kit and a JKS front track bar keeping everything centered along with a set of 1" bump stops as previously mention.
So now you have the ultimate leveling kit components right, that's pretty much what you need. One question, the shock's range is 0-1.5, is it okay to pair with 2 inch springs?
Sponsored