Sponsored

Can I put Falcon SP2 2.1 shocks without the lift? PLEASE HELP

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
One question, the shock's range is 0-1.5, is it okay to pair with 2 inch springs?
On paper, no it is not truly OK to pair with a 2" spring unless you run shock extensions. The reality is that most springs and the stated ratings by the various manufacturers are based off the Rubicon model and will be different on other models (usually higher).

For me, I am not worried about running 2" springs for the dampening due to the bump stops. Rebound, I have not run into this issue and I do not plan to doing high speed washboard runs to even be a factor. For the record, this is what works for me and is not advice that you will be correct mirroring me.

That being said, Rancho does make a set of front 1.5" rated springs for the Rubicon model if you are wanting the paper specs to match but like I mention earlier, you will loose 0.5" to 0.75" once you add a winch and heavy winch compatible bumper.

Edit: I would also add that Eibach makes a 0"-2" rated shock set for the Gladiator that has gotten positive reviews on this board that most consider a decent upgrade to the factory Rubicon shocks. They are not adjustable like the Falcons but they also come in a price point that is close to 50% less. If an when I think my Falcons are spanked and needing replacement, this is probably where I am heading.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
On paper, no it is not truly OK to pair with a 2" spring unless you run shock extensions. The reality is that most springs and the stated ratings by the various manufacturers are based off the Rubicon model and will be different on other models (usually higher).

For me, I am not worried about running 2" springs for the dampening due to the bump stops. Rebound, I have not run into this issue and I do not plan to doing high speed washboard runs to even be a factor. For the record, this is what works for me and is not advice that you will be correct mirroring me.

That being said, Rancho does make a set of front 1.5" rated springs for the Rubicon model if you are wanting the paper specs to match but like I mention earlier, you will loose 0.5" to 0.75" once you add a winch and heavy winch compatible bumper.

Edit: I would also add that Eibach makes a 0"-2" rated shock set for the Gladiator that has gotten positive reviews on this board that most consider a decent upgrade to the factory Rubicon shocks. They are not adjustable like the Falcons but they also come in a price point that is close to 50% less. If an when I think my Falcons are spanked and needing replacement, this is probably where I am heading.
Thanks for your info! I appreciate it! I am deciding between Falcon 2.1 and Fox 2.0. What do you think?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for your info! I appreciate it! I am deciding between Falcon 2.1 and Fox 2.0. What do you think?
I would lean into the Falcon 2.1 shocks only because that is what I have experience with.

Gezer

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
So will the 0 to 1.5 be ok for my overland that is only leveled so far. I did not level it myself. Off hand don’t know how much higher the front is over stock. What was the price on the adjustable. Thanks

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
So you guys recommend the soft setting on the 2.1s? I just got a pair from Amazon. My JT is purely an I95 commute truck.

Sponsored

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
So you guys recommend the soft setting on the 2.1s? I just got a pair from Amazon. My JT is purely an I95 commute truck.
If mostly highway, I would think firm/performance would be better.

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
A pair or all 4?

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got all four.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I got all four.
They read on the side at the bottom: Soft/Cold
Peformance/Offroad
I do about a 50/50 split between pavement and Gravel and dirt..
I went with the performance setting .
All bobbing and swaying is virtually nonexistant. The on road handling is fantastic and off road the return after hitting a swoop or big dip is very impressive.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Before you discount the adjustable shock because you think it's overkill for a pavement princess, keep in mind that IF you put a load on your JT you can change your shock settings to accommodate the load and then change it back when empty.

It is an investment that adds value to the purchase.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Falcon customer support, they said for a commuter/highway use, to use the soft setting. I'll try the soft setting first and re-adjust if needed. Thanks for the tips.
Sponsored