Sponsored

Can I use my spouse's FCA Affiliation?

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I have a JTR on order with a dealer who is offering the 1% from FCA Affiliate program.

My work doesn't seem to be on the list, despite the fact that it's a bank who does a lot of auto loans for them. But surprisingly, my wife being in education is on the list. Go figure.

Anyway, I successfully obtained a discount code from the FCA Affiliate website through her.

Will I be able to use that code by myself, or does she HAVE to be on the paperwork and sign with me? I'm asking because it's 5 hours driving round trip, so I would rather not lug the whole family if I don't have to.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Can't answer for FCA, but when I used one with FoMo through my wife's work not only did she have to be on the paperwork, she had to be listed as primary.

OP
OP
DLAW

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Can't answer for FCA, but when I used one with FoMo through my wife's work not only did she have to be on the paperwork, she had to be listed as primary.
It almost seems as if the FCA code, once obtained, is not tied to her. I imagine it's like a coupon code or something. But I could be wrong. Maybe there is some tracking behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.
I tried searching this forum for an answer about it, but didn't come across anything. I guess worst case, I can ask my salesman, but I'm trying to bug him as little as possible.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
It almost seems as if the FCA code, once obtained, is not tied to her. I imagine it's like a coupon code or something. But I could be wrong. Maybe there is some tracking behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.
I tried searching this forum for an answer about it, but didn't come across anything. I guess worst case, I can ask my salesman, but I'm trying to bug him as little as possible.
I was able to use my wife’s affiliate through her work without her name being on the paperwork. Two different dealerships would allow it for me so I don’t think it was a one off thing.

Jasvan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I just used one for my Mojave. It’s through my wife’s work. They needed a ID or paystub showing her name with the paperwork but it was a easy screen shot email I sent. The car is in my name.
Sponsored