Sponsored

Can someone with a Tazer Mini and Rubicon test the Locker function please?

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Ram TRX
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
I am going to try to call them tomorrow, but it is too late today.

If someone has a Rubicon with their Tazer Mini hooked up, could you try to engage the rear locker in 2wd high and then try to unengage it.

On mine it will engage, but then it wont turn off unless I put it in park, turn the Gladiator off completely, then turn it back on.
Sponsored

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I just installed mine a few days ago and the locker activation in 2 hi seemed inconsistent. Now it works, but will not lock or unlock over 20mph, which is what it is claimed.

OP
OP
TheMuffinOfEvil

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
I just installed mine a few days ago and the locker activation in 2 hi seemed inconsistent. Now it works, but will not lock or unlock over 20mph, which is what it is claimed.
Thank you for the answer. Mine seems to engage fine, but wont turn loose without turning the vehicle off. All other features seem to work perfectly.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to try to call them tomorrow, but it is too late today.

If someone has a Rubicon with their Tazer Mini hooked up, could you try to engage the rear locker in 2wd high and then try to unengage it.

On mine it will engage, but then it wont turn off unless I put it in park, turn the Gladiator off completely, then turn it back on.
Mine works in 2wd. You know the big red “off” button on the left side of the locker & sway bar disco buttons is what deactivates them, right?

Sometimes it just takes a minute to disengage. I have found mine does that occasionally.

OP
OP
TheMuffinOfEvil

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
Mine works in 2wd. You know the big red “off” button on the left side of the locker & sway bar disco buttons is what deactivates them, right?

Sometimes it just takes a minute to disengage. I have found mine does that occasionally.
I was aware of that.

I went out this morning and tried it one more time and everything is working perfectly now.

I know the instructions say some settings may take multiple sleep cycles to activate so I am going to assume it just sorted itself out because of that. I have full function now.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, sway bar disco was over 20 MPH, not the lockers. You always need to be fully stopped to engage & disengage lockers, or it will tear shit up.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was aware of that.

I went out this morning and tried it one more time and everything is working perfectly now.

I know the instructions say some settings may take multiple sleep cycles to activate so I am going to assume it just sorted itself out because of that. I have full function now.
You would be surprised, some folks think pushing the locker button again is what deactivates it.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I was aware of that.

I read somewhere that with these new capabilities with the lockers, the vehicle has to be fully stopped for the Tazer to execute the Locker command.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Per the owner's manual, you can engage the lockers at up to 10MPH. There's no reason it would tear anything up unless you are already spinning a tire. Then you must stop and engage it when the tire is not spinning.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I read somewhere that with these new capabilities with the lockers, the vehicle has to be fully stopped for the Tazer to execute the Locker command.
yes, For the advanced Locker and "SwayKill" functions, the JT has to be stopped -- the directions need to be updated.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Per the owner's manual, you can engage the lockers at up to 10MPH. There's no reason it would tear anything up unless you are already spinning a tire. Then you must stop and engage it when the tire is not spinning.
By all-means, go for it... But you won't catch me doing it. I've grenaded a diff before... It's not pretty, but it is pretty damn expensive.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
And I've engaged lockers while moving towards an obstacle for years and years. But hey, it's under warranty.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Rear locker enabled in 2wd/4wd hi by Tazer mini works fine. Front locker cancelling in 4wdhi. Multiple cycles. if anyone has experience with get both to kick in 4wd hi, pls share.

81BF8CFA-CA3D-466C-96F7-392E1313F6F1.jpeg

62C38B65-A81C-4BD2-8B4F-C7A857E2C51B.jpeg
Sponsored