Sponsored

Can the following packages be added by the dealership, or do they have to be ordered?

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
Folks, I found a Gladiator that has MOST of what I wanted at a dealer, but not everything.
Do you know if the following accessories/packages can be installed by the DEALER, or does it have to come from the factory?

ALPINE stereo (It has the 7in Radio group installed) -- if NOT, what after market audio improvements can be done?
Adaptive Cruise Control (It has the active safety group already)
Side step Running Board (it has the Mopar tubes -- I'd like to switch them)
Aux switch Group (I'm pretty sure this can be added)
Cargo Management Group (I know you can get after market rails, but what about the inverter/115V outlet and lockable rear storage?)
Bedliner (I know that can also be done after market)

If you have links to items that could be added after the fact, let me know? I think MOST of this can either be added or after-market installs, but not sure about the Adaptive Cruise Control.
Thanks!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Adaptive cruise requires the camera top center of windshield - I don't think that would be easy or cheap.
The aux switches, yeah - they can add that - I asked because I didn't order that but sort of wish I had.

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon (sold), 2008 Rubicon (sold), 2003 Musso, 2016 Outback, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon (ordered)
Cargo management would not be cost effective if they bill you at parts cost, the lockable rear storage from what I hear costs more than the package, let alone trail rail and inverter. For those I'd recommend waiting for someone to come out with a better system (I'm looking at you Tuffy). On the power inverter front, it's only 400w and tied into the CANBUS making out difficult if not impossible to swap. You can get a bigger power inverter and have it installed to similar effect, just need to find a place to put it. On the trail rail side, there's already a couple aftermarket options at good prices, so that's not too bad.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Side Step and the Aux switches are really the only true MOPAR accessories that can be ordered and installed by the dealership. Bits and pieces of the Cargo Management group can be ordered as parts and paid shop labor to install, but I think the 115V inverter install is not something most dealerships would do.

If I was to stress anything to say the best money spent, is to pay the coin and have the Aux Switch option factory installed if ordering or shopping for a new Gladiator on the lot.

Reactions: Tim
OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also forgot -- what about fog lights?

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Also forgot -- what about fog lights?
All models will come with fog lights. Depending on package, they will be either halogen or led

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Folks, I found a Gladiator that has MOST of what I wanted at a dealer, but not everything.
Do you know if the following accessories/packages can be installed by the DEALER, or does it have to come from the factory?

ALPINE stereo (It has the 7in Radio group installed) -- if NOT, what after market audio improvements can be done?
Adaptive Cruise Control (It has the active safety group already)
Side step Running Board (it has the Mopar tubes -- I'd like to switch them)
Aux switch Group (I'm pretty sure this can be added)
Cargo Management Group (I know you can get after market rails, but what about the inverter/115V outlet and lockable rear storage?)
Bedliner (I know that can also be done after market)

If you have links to items that could be added after the fact, let me know? I think MOST of this can either be added or after-market installs, but not sure about the Adaptive Cruise Control.
Thanks!
How long do you plan to keep this truck? If those features are important to you, keep looking or order what you want. The Adaptive Cruise Control is a great feature, and cannot be easily added after delivery. The camera needed is almost $1200, and there are other components necessary to make it work.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I basically keep my cars forever (my current is 14 years old!), so good point. I still have to take a test drive and then I will see if they can find or order exactly what I want!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with Mr._Bill 150%. If you keep them anything over 4 or 5 years - don't hurry! And yeah, the adaptive cruise would be complex and prohibitive. My guy said there are things even their shop won't add - he says no one could afford to pay the price - labor and parts......
Anyway, don't hurry - be methodical about it, drive a few, think of how you would use it now - and then try to think of your personal future. Only YOU can make those choices - we can add things to consider, but in the end it's your truck, your life, you will be driving it, not me or anyone else.
Easier to pay now for things you may want but end up maybe not using than to wish later you would have added things. I am already thinking gee, I wish I had said yes to those switches as my wife mentioned a couple of things she saw on TV - the power steps and such - hmmmm, those switches could be used for that - and I am thinking of adding some things to the back end---- hmmm, the switches would have been nice....
Maybe I would have never used them but now I would have to add things myself or pay them - and the switches we discussed at length last night and their accessories person said - it requires a software update or change - ok, I'm a very skilled auto tech, but naw, don't think I'd want to do it so now I'd have to pay to get it done. Would have been cheaper to have the factory do it.

Oh, and with the right package - these babies will park themselves! LOL - we've had my wife's Grand Cherokee since January 2018 and just learned last night that her Jeep would park itself! This guy knew more about her Jeep than we did - and he didn't even sell it to us!

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
You can add the Alpine audio system, Quadratec has it in stock...
Cheers

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If you want those things find a Jeep that has them. you’ll never get money back on options so getting the best deal on them is essential. It will cost 2-3x the price to get them after the fact, if it’s even possible.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's so interesting when people say "You'll never get money back on options" when just the opposite has been true with every vehicle we have bought, traded or in the case of my father's death last year - argued with an insurance company over. When I sold my Chevy last weekend - the options helped - in fact by several hundred. Granted you don't "get your money back" but you don't with your vehicle, either. I got several hundred more due to the options.
When I argued with the insurance company over the value of the truck destroyed, the options took the settlement from 8,000 to 11,000.
Each GC we've traded they have checked the options and the trade-in value goes up. They check the sites that have you check the options - I've watched them do it. I've had people ask when selling outright does it have x or y options..... as if they don't want it if it does not. That means the sale is easier if not more $$.
No you don't get the money BACK, but you never do with cars - but, it does absolutely help with resale and trade-in value. Took my Silverado up from about 17,000 to 19,000 when I sold it to a dealer.
So if you want the option, GET IT. You have to figure what it's worth TO YOU now, not to someone unknown in the unknown future.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
Cargo management is crap, the inverter is 400 watts shared, trail rail can be ranged fabbed easy for under 150.00$. Think outside the box, I use the uni rack for Lowe's that is used for mounting industrial equipment on beams, low cost strong as heck and cheap for what you get. A 6 mill tap, a 6 mill grade 8 bolt with 6 mill grade 8 washer, cut to fit and mount, nut inserts came in 1/2, 3/8 and 1/4 quarter so you can mount what you want quite easy, bolt, eye hook, easily moved and not a lot of money, paint to suit.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I didn’t say they don’t get “some” money at trade in. What I said is they are typically valued at 15% cost of new max and that’s only for the first 7- 8 years. After that a stripped out car and a loaded car have a value very nearly the same value.
Sponsored