Sponsored

Can the rear axle be locked in both 4 high and 4 low on the 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave?

Mighty Mo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired/Layabout
An online official jeep video and the owners manual both say you can only lock the rear axle in 4 high. I'm wondering if that is true because I just came from an off-road/sand dune park where I got stuck in the sand part way up a dune. I couldn't go forward or back. I was digging a hole to China. I was in 4 high with off-road plus engaged so I put it in 4 low but still could not get out. I then engaged the rear axle lock in 4 low and it churned itself out of the hole and all the way to the top of the dune with ease. While doing so, the switches and instrument displays confirmed that I was in 4 low, esc was in full off mode, rear axle was locked and off-road plus was engaged. So....I'm convinced the rear axle can be locked in both 4 high and 4 low. If I'm wrong, please straighten me out. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

Gl4dy8r

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
You have to disable the traction control to get it to work, but its not just pushing the button. Put it in 4HI, engage the offroad+, then hold the traction control button for 5 seconds(which will disable the system). You should now be able to lock your rear axle in 4HI. Please let me know if it works for you or not. I just bought mine a couple weeks ago and couldn't figure it out at first. Not sure if it was here or not, as I can't seem to find the thread anymore, but I read it somewhere, tried it, and it worked for me.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Writer
This w
You have to disable the traction control to get it to work, but its not just pushing the button. Put it in 4HI, engage the offroad+, then hold the traction control button for 5 seconds(which will disable the system). You should now be able to lock your rear axle in 4HI. Please let me know if it works for you or not. I just bought mine a couple weeks ago and couldn't figure it out at first. Not sure if it was here or not, as I can't seem to find the thread anymore, but I read it somewhere, tried it, and it worked for me.
This works for the Rubicon too, not just the mojave.

OP
OP

Mighty Mo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired/Layabout
This w

This works for the Rubicon too, not just the mojave.
I now know that the Mojave can lock the rear axle in both 4 hi and 4 lo. I've done it many times in recent weeks. Thanks for the help though. Much appreciated. I finally got a trail flag onto the front end by attaching a flat bar of steel with a 90 degree angle turn onto one of the front tow hooks. It attaches to the tow hook with a u-bolt on one end and the flag mount goes through a hole on the other end of the steel bar. It tore apart the paint the first time I put it on the tow hook so I repainted it and then remounted the bar by putting heavy gauge plastic tubing around the hook prior to clamping down the u-bolt. Wish I could share pictures but I'm a techno dinosaur. My new mission is to find or make something to glue to the driver side floorboard so I will have a place to put my left foot while driving. Stupid Mopar's inattention to ergonomics.
Sponsored