Sponsored

Cancelled My Overland

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
I had an Overland in Gobi with a manual transmission on order. I finally got the dealer rep to nail down what the story was with the delay, he said that basically anything with a manual and the 8.4 is going to be delayed for "quite a while" whatever that means...

so I was looking around what I could find locally, looking for something else with a manual, I found a Gobi Rubicon with an automatic on a local lot and believe it or not the price was actually cheaper after negotiation then my Overland manual with few more options.

I am not super thrilled about the automatic, but oh well and the price was right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bowerss2

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
Damn, buddy. I almost did the same last weekend. Currently going through the same manual heartache. Threatened to pull out last weekend but the dealer said they didn't want to get stuck with a manual so they knocked another grand off. I was guaranteed it to be built by the end of January. May be joining you if that doesn't happen.

OP
OP
Bowerss2

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, buddy. I almost did the same last weekend. Currently going through the same manual heartache. Threatened to pull out last weekend but the dealer said they didn't want to get stuck with a manual so they knocked another grand off. I was guaranteed it to be built by the end of January. May be joining you if that doesn't happen.
Let me know what happens, dealer wasn't willing to go any lower so I guess they are stuck with a manual now. When I was really pushing him for a timeframe, their rep said no chance it will be built by end of Jan and probably until end of Feb I hope he is wrong!

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
If it makes you feel any better, this automatic with its selectable auto/manual shift option, paddle shifters, almost perfect gear ratios, eight smooth shifting gears and two vs. three pedals (you only have two feet) give you more options and performance. This is not your grandmama’s slush box!

Just some thoughts.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Threatened to pull out last weekend but the dealer said they didn't want to get stuck with a manual so they knocked another grand off. I was guaranteed it to be built by the end of January. May be joining you if that doesn't happen.
If it doesn't happen, tell them to do what they did before: knock another grand off ;)

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I had an Overland in Gobi with a manual transmission on order. I finally got the dealer rep to nail down what the story was with the delay, he said that basically anything with a manual and the 8.4 is going to be delayed for "quite a while" whatever that means...

so I was looking around what I could find locally, looking for something else with a manual, I found a Gobi Rubicon with an automatic on a local lot and believe it or not the price was actually cheaper after negotiation then my Overland manual with few more options.

I am not super thrilled about the automatic, but oh well and the price was right.
I can think of worse life tragedies than having to settle on a automatic Rubicon Gladiator. I think you will be alright. :like:

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
manuals are fun until you have to eat a sammich in 20 miles of traffic.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
You don't need a stick-shifter to drive to the Mall in an Overland. :LOL:

The auto Rubi was the better deal anyway. :like:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
??

did your swap include these? cool . . .
Oops, no paddle shifters. I got carried away and made a bad assumption. Everything else is true, though!

Now back to the consoling of the OP.
Sponsored