Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, but it looks very nice. Follows the body lines well.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Nope, but it looks very nice. Follows the body lines well.
It does look nice yes! I spoke with Metal Cloak this evening, looks like I'm good to order as they have some in stock :) Just need to get it up to Canada without breaking the bank.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S 2-door
Occupation
Self employed
It does look nice yes! I spoke with Metal Cloak this evening, looks like I'm good to order as they have some in stock :) Just need to get it up to Canada without breaking the bank.
Looked at the Metal Cloak windshield hoop last month when we first bought our Gladiator. Needed front support to haul long paddle boards. Buying a house next month, so spending that $$ now isnā€™t in the cards.

Ultimately went with a Fishbone windshield light bracket, added two L-brackets, and mounted a Thule aero bar to the brackets. Supporting less than 100lbs.
But in the future, the Metal Cloak hoop is on my wishlist, seems to be the only option for the Gladiator that is built with load support in mind.

Post some pics after install, havenā€˜t seen too many online installed pics.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Looked at the Metal Cloak windshield hoop last month when we first bought our Gladiator. Needed front support to haul long paddle boards. Buying a house next month, so spending that $$ now isnā€™t in the cards.

Ultimately went with a Fishbone windshield light bracket, added two L-brackets, and mounted a Thule aero bar to the brackets. Supporting less than 100lbs.
But in the future, the Metal Cloak hoop is on my wishlist, seems to be the only option for the Gladiator that is built with load support in mind.

Post some pics after install, havenā€˜t seen too many online installed pics.
For me the concern isn't weight but the ability to tie my canoe down in a solid manner at the front end for extended travel since canoes catch wind and always want to pull up from the roof. I will use simple foam blocks for the rear of the canoe. Not sure that using foam blocks all around for extended travel with the canoe on the roof is the best idea.

Thanks for posting up your solution for a front mount.

Sponsored

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bought one about a month back. Install was pretty easy, but they tell you to drill out the bottom holes a little bigger than needed. Its not a huge issue, but the metal gets super tough as you step it up. It'll make sense when you get there.

Other than that I love the setup, it is very solid. I just got done fitting the search lights on my Jurassic Park build. I don't have a kayak yet but that is the plan now that I have the bar to support the front. The guys at Metalcloak/Adventure Rack Systems are fantastic and their customer service is great.

52006606594_88124cdc11_c.jpg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Bought one about a month back. Install was pretty easy, but they tell you to drill out the bottom holes a little bigger than needed. Its not a huge issue, but the metal gets super tough as you step it up. It'll make sense when you get there.

Other than that I love the setup, it is very solid. I just got done fitting the search lights on my Jurassic Park build. I don't have a kayak yet but that is the plan now that I have the bar to support the front. The guys at Metalcloak/Adventure Rack Systems are fantastic and their customer service is great.

52006606594_88124cdc11_c.jpg
Love the grab handles. Must be great for getting in on the trail.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave

Jeep Gladiator Canoe rack/front bar 52006606594_88124cdc11_c
Looks good, thanks for posting up the information about the install. More drilling in my new truck!

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Anybody happen to have one of these on their Mojave? The MC website says it doesn't fit the Mojave or JL 392 due to the hood/cowl being different. Hoping it is just the Katwalk bar that is not fitting as I won't have that piece.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
MC confirmed the fit is no go on the Mojave, but the good news is they apparently had one in mock up already so it is coming soon.
Sponsored