Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Peeps!
I KNOW this is going to sound stupid. but does anyone take your JT (premium soft top) to car washes? are these do's and dont's with our jeeps? i'm hesitant to bring to just any car wash. whether it be a quick gas station or a luxury car wash! any thoughts?

ive been just doing it my self but would like to take a breather and have someone else do it.

thanks!
Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Peeps!
I KNOW this is going to sound stupid. but does anyone take your JT (premium soft top) to car washes? are these do's and dont's with our jeeps? i'm hesitant to bring to just any car wash. whether it be a quick gas station or a luxury car wash! any thoughts?

ive been just doing it my self but would like to take a breather and have someone else do it.

thanks!
I didn't have any problems when I went through - just not something I like to do very often.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine and had it washed/detailed. I've got the hard top, but the factory roll up bed cover. There were no issues at all, and they did a great job. I wouldn't worry about treating this thing any differently than any other pickup truck....just wayyyy more fun.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
I'd never run a soft top I cared about through an automated wash. Spinning strips of cloth embedded with the abrasive dirt of all the previous vehicles that went through before you...

With 35's my tires are too wide for the track in the drive-in places anyway, so it will be driveway or spray-only booths for me.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I had never taken a jeep thru carwash - but I have taken my gladiator with premium soft top. Did a great job and is "touchless' so besides the wind and rattles no issues I have 315/70 / 17 on 17x9's and no issue with the tracks. Sure simplifies getting the salt off during winter Ah and I have rocksliders also - no problems

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I have a hard top Gladiator but I sent my premium soft top JK through the automated car was all the time. The only thing I asked them is that they didn't use the brush they use to pre-scrub the jeep on the plastic windows. I send my LE through at least once a week.

Syntackz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Depends on how well your soft top fits. I took my JK soft top through the touch less and touch car wash all the time. Leaked a bit in the back but never caused any damage to the top.

I dont think the water pressure in a touchless is any greater then the water pressure you would get a DIY care wash.

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I take my Gladiator through the local Splash N Dash every week. The hard top does just fine, no leaks that I have noticed and the machines inside the wash rack don’t seem to be too rough on the paint. The workers there fold the mirrors in and guide you on to the tracks and it pulls you on through.

Gambrinus

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Land Rover Dormobile 200tdi
ANY vehicle that you love or care about should NEVER go though a car wash were the brushes touch your car. "Touchless" only. And if you use a "wash it yourself" stall, NEVER EVER use that brush on anything other than your wheels.

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
You can and I have taken my soft top through the car wash, but Bestop doesn't recommend using the same cleaner you'd normally use on your car for their soft tops.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'd never run a soft top I cared about through an automated wash. Spinning strips of cloth embedded with the abrasive dirt of all the previous vehicles that went through before you...

With 35's my tires are too wide for the track in the drive-in places anyway, so it will be driveway or spray-only booths for me.
Exactly… Thanks for your feedback I try to look for the spray booths but I really can’t find any good ones where I live

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have any problems when I went through - just not something I like to do very often.
One of the gas stations here just opened up a brand new spin brushless car wash. Was very quick. It did the job well it was only $11 and I looked and inspected my jeep and there was no problems but typically I’ll probably take it to a do it yourself spray booth type of place

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had never taken a jeep thru carwash - but I have taken my gladiator with premium soft top. Did a great job and is "touchless' so besides the wind and rattles no issues I have 315/70 / 17 on 17x9's and no issue with the tracks. Sure simplifies getting the salt off during winter Ah and I have rocksliders also - no problems
Awesomeness thank you so much for your feedback I appreciate everybody’s feedback

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ANY vehicle that you love or care about should NEVER go though a car wash were the brushes touch your car. "Touchless" only. And if you use a "wash it yourself" stall, NEVER EVER use that brush on anything other than your wheels.
Great advice

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
@JTguy2020 soft top here. I never did go through touch carwash in my JK's, and won't in my JT. Quarter carwash and touchfree only. I never use the brush in the quarter carwash, and I find myself speeding through the hurricane dryer in the touchfree. Just don't like the top flapping from the dryer.
Sponsored