Cargo management package questions

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
So I found my gladiator with most of the options I wanted. There was three that it didn’t have one was the bed liner. No big deal it’s been done! The other two dealer was to install. So they get the stuff in and I took it to them so it could be completed. Picked it up today! Aux switches done! Now to the cargo management, the rails are there looks good. Then I see there’s no 115v outlet, looked under the back seat and no locking box. Saleman says that’s all FCA sent. I pulled up what the package says is supposed to be there and he and parts are trying to find out what happened.... am I missing something here? The other question is does the rear outlet get its own inverter?
What say you?
Sponsored

Recalcitrant270

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator
Occupation
IT Technician
So I found my gladiator with most of the options I wanted. There was three that it didn’t have one was the bed liner. No big deal it’s been done! The other two dealer was to install. So they get the stuff in and I took it to them so it could be completed. Picked it up today! Aux switches done! Now to the cargo management, the rails are there looks good. Then I see there’s no 115v outlet, looked under the back seat and no locking box. Saleman says that’s all FCA sent. I pulled up what the package says is supposed to be there and he and parts are trying to find out what happened.... am I missing something here? The other question is does the rear outlet get its own inverter?
What say you?

The bed outlet and the interior outlet share the same inverter. It is located on the driver side underneath the steering wheel. It is a 400 watt inverter.

OP
OP

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
pretty sure not . . .
I didn’t think so either but the salesman pointed out that it’s listed in the package.... so I thought ok I’ll take it! But there’s not an outlet in the bed or locking box under the seat. So they’re going to have to fix this!

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I pretty sure that when you order the Trail Rail system, all you get is the Trail Rail system.

Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I pretty sure that when you order the Trail Rail system, all you get is the Trail Rail system.
Except that the OP ordered the cargo management system not the trail rails....
So yes, you should have the bed outlet, locking under-seat box and trail rails with four cleats.
This was an $895 option on my Rubi. If you paid substantially less than that they may well have ordered only the trail rails.

OP
OP

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Except that the OP ordered the cargo management system not the trail rails....
So yes, you should have the bed outlet, locking under-seat box and trail rails with four cleats.
This was an $895 option on my Rubi. If you paid substantially less than that they may well have ordered only the trail rails.
895 was the cost and then installation cost. They had the thing from Friday morning until Tuesday morning. They sent an email at 7 Monday evening telling me it was ready. I really expected a call Monday morning.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is exactly why I ordered my truck. That way I got exactly what I wanted, and it was installed at the factory rather than by some underpaid monkeys at a local dealership. The 21 days it took for my truck to be built was well worth it.

OP
OP

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
This is exactly why I ordered my truck. That way I got exactly what I wanted, and it was installed at the factory rather than by some underpaid monkeys at a local dealership. The 21 days it took for my truck to be built was well worth it.
I was being told 10 to 12 weeks from order to receiving and when I found this I was good with it. It will be straightened out!

OP
OP

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Well finally got a call from the dealership, they can’t get the rest of the parts for the cargo management package! They can get the outlet for the bed but no wiring, and no box for under the back seat.... so they’re going to give me the most of the money back. I’m good with it! They’re suggestion was for me to buy the outlet and then have it wired and pick up the box from someone. I just thought well guess I’ll wait to see what comes around in the aftermarket world.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I think Weathertech has an underseat box.
Sponsored