Sponsored

CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842)

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
I have had some sort of slide in all my trucks...Avalance...HD2500...etc etc. They really do make it easy to utilize the entire bed.

I decided to try GargoGlide over Bedslide this time. I also went with a base model (1000) although CargoGlide does make models for higher payloads. I realize that the limit is 1000 with the Gladiator but its more about the feel of the unit with higher weights. My last Bedside was an HD model and I could sit on it fully extended and it wouldn't budge. I would not try that on this 1000 model. Im sure it can hold the 1000 as advertised evenly distributed but it would be a tax. Thinking back, I rarely went big on the weight as I got older and do less work. About 400lbs of mulch or salt in bags would be about it....so base model it was.

I went with a local dealer. I had used them in the past. No shipping damage hassles. Price was great, about $980. And he had it in in about 3 days. Swung in, slide the box into the back and drove out...easy-peasy.

Install was pretty straight forward. Four riv-nuts. They provide the tool. See pictures on where I went with the holes.

Two front holes: There is a cross member (U-channel) you need to watch out for that runs, as you could guess, right under where the front mounting bar is located! But, after several trips onto my back under the truck, if you use a 3/4" piece of trim wood as a spacer, you would drill holes directly into the center of that u-channel which is perfect as it is somewhat protected in there from the elements and there is nothing to hit when drilling. I went with the outer holes because the inner part of the mounting rail is gapped a bit between the bed and the rail whereas the outer two holes touched the bed flat. You could go with the inner holes as they are slotted but you'd need a few spacers/washers. No biggie but I wanted it firm up front since that carries the pivoted weight more.

The back two holes were very easy...nothing to hit so I went with the slotted inner mounting holes. Use spacers with the mounting bolts because if you just tighten the bolts and pull that rail down (bow it) it will cause the glide to bind a bit on open/close. CargoGlide offers you some nylon spacers...I used some stainless steel washers instead.

Pictures show the clearance to my tri-fold top...about 12". I was hoping for a bit more. I'm sure one of the Mfg's will come out with a stealth version of some sort to gain a bit more usable height.

Overall its fine...a few rough edges that Bedside may not have...but the price was right and it does the job. It comes with 4 tie-down rings that slide on side rails.

Hope this helps if you decide to get one.

Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 1
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 2
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 3
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 4
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 5
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 6
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 7
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) 8
Sponsored

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Nice install and instructions! I have been thinking about doing this, or using the following;
Jeep Gladiator CargoGlide Install (CG1000-5842) tool