Sponsored

Cars.com Teases JT Gladiator Media Drive.....Did they lift the embargo?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Thank you! That mud. Them rocks. Nothing in the back for weight. Huh. Awesome!!!

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Well they really didn't say anything in the video just showing some of the capabilities so I wouldn't think they broke any rules. Maybe Jeep is letting people release content like this to keep the hype up. Also I noticed it has a tag. Maybe one of the 80 they sold?

Sponsored

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
As mentioned on another post with this video, the belief among some is that the price will be released when embargo is done and reviews come out.

If it changes anything, the most truthful dealer to date I've spoken with emailed me yesterday. Said he has a few coming in, don't have a delivery date or price, but said they were told they'd have delivery info beginning of April, and that price usually come along with that info.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
As mentioned on another post with this video, the belief among some is that the price will be released when embargo is done and reviews come out.

If it changes anything, the most truthful dealer to date I've spoken with emailed me yesterday. Said he has a few coming in, don't have a delivery date or price, but said they were told they'd have delivery info beginning of April, and that price usually come along with that info.
i was just teasing about the embargo being lifted. Was hoping it would get more views that way. Kinda like all the "gotcha" threads about pricing being available, or ordering banks being open. I just felt left out. =P

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ
That timeline follows the Mopar Insiders post about release dates....

Although speculation is that June production doesn't get them on the lots until August/September.

JT-Allocation.jpg

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Well they really didn't say anything in the video just showing some of the capabilities so I wouldn't think they broke any rules. Maybe Jeep is letting people release content like this to keep the hype up. Also I noticed it has a tag. Maybe one of the 80 they sold?
They're Michigan plates- the red sotf top and white one are sequential- the hard top in the towing sequence is in the same sequence. I guess selling the vehicles to a marketing firm would be external sales. I bet most, if not all of these "sales" are technically leases through FCA Finance. That makes it easy to write contracts to have the vehicles returned and scrapped.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
That timeline follows the Mopar Insiders post about release dates....

Although speculation is that June production doesn't get them on the lots until August/September.

JT-Allocation.jpg
June production should mean on the lots in July. But who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I assume you guys are talking about custom order delivery?

I'd think with pre spec production starting April, they could be on lots by late April / early May if April production means April 1st. I don't know how long it is from roll off the line to dealer lot, but several weeks seems sufficient assuming a done Gladiator on say April 5th.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I assume you guys are talking about custom order delivery?

I'd think with pre spec production starting April, they could be on lots by late April / early May if April production means April 1st. I don't know how long it is from roll off the line to dealer lot, but several weeks seems sufficient assuming a done Gladiator on say April 5th.
Line runs slow at first and then slowly builds to full capacity. Also, there is generally an inspection period and shipping is slower and more coordinated then you would expect. Bottom line, I think you are a bit optimistic by a few weeks to a month. Unless maybe you are one of the top 10 volume dealers in the country. Sorry hope I’m wrong.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Reminds me of all the folks who are already on the list but not ordering. These things may be delivered but they will be off the truck and bought immediately. Not that it means anything. But we will be seeing them on the streets by May or June, not on lots. Probably tons of adds. Jeep hasn't even begun marketing to the gen public. It'll be a year before "availability".
Sponsored