Sponsored

Catalytic Converter Stolen .recommendation for a Skid Plates.

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
the catalytic converter was stolen of my next door neighbor (tundra) . I have diesel 3.0 rubicon. what skid plate over for the catalytic converter do you guy recommend.
thanks you.
Sponsored

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
If I’m not mistaken the gladiators cat is a lot harder to steal than most trucks. I don’t even know if a skid plate could be part where it is located. Am I wrong people?

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
From what I've seen in other threads, the catalytic converter is tucked up behind the passenger wheel well. Not easy at all to get at from under the vehicle. I don't think you need to do anything.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
If I remember correctly Smith & Wesson makes something that will work :angel:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If I remember correctly Smith & Wesson makes something that will work :angel:
Now, now........... you may be depriving the world of a future rocket surgeon.

What is the old saying? Shoot, shovel and shut-up?

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
No one's gonna get your cat, but look into ASFIR 4x4 skid plates

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
So, your DIESEL 3.0 has a catalytic reduction device.

I can't answer the question of whether it has the sought after metals in it or not and I imagine the thieves don't know either. The listed price for said device is $1,100 on various MOPAR sites.

The bad news, unlike it's 3.6 GAS brother, the 3.0 DIESEL cat device is NOT tucked up in the frame above the front upper control arms but is inline of the exhaust hanging below.

So yes, yours IS ripe for picking. I do NOT know if there are any JT 3.0 specific skid plates that protect the SCR device or not. I also do NOT know if there are any cages available for it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
So, your DIESEL 3.0 has a catalytic reduction device.

I can't answer the question of whether it has the sought after metals in it or not and I imagine the thieves don't know either. The listed price for said device is $1,100 on various MOPAR sites.

The bad news, unlike it's 3.6 GAS brother, the 3.0 DIESEL cat device is NOT tucked up in the frame above the front upper control arms but is inline of the exhaust hanging below.

So yes, yours IS ripe for picking. I do NOT know if there are any JT 3.0 specific skid plates that protect the SCR device or not. I also do NOT know if there are any cages available for it.
I remember a few months back there was a member here with a diesel who had his cat stolen.

Sponsored

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
thanks guys..... for the information...

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
From what I’ve heard these guys are using battery powered saws all’s. They cut thru most steel like a hot knife thru butter. I used to use one when I did metal work. If your going to put something under there get the hardest steel you can find. Chromium is hard and is a key ingredient in stainless steel. Use thick stainless and hopefully they will ruin their blades. If you know any blacksmiths or blade smiths they will be able to harden steel as well, remember to drill your mounting holes before you get it hardened.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Why go with some pistol caliber to protect your assets. Go big or go home. This works just fine! :)
Jeep Gladiator Catalytic Converter Stolen .recommendation for a Skid Plates. BAR
Jeep Gladiator Catalytic Converter Stolen .recommendation for a Skid Plates. IMG_2684
Jeep Gladiator Catalytic Converter Stolen .recommendation for a Skid Plates. IMG_2687
Jeep Gladiator Catalytic Converter Stolen .recommendation for a Skid Plates. M1918
Sponsored