Sponsored

Caught the 2018 Rubicon Unmasked in Colorado

Does anyone have mpg info for the new jlu with 4-6-diesel engines?

• Total voters

Deleted member 11497

I’m a newbie here but wanted to make a post of the ‘18 ruby that I saw coming down the highway in my hometown on my way home from work tonight. Sorry my camera isn’t great and the lighting is not the best. They road test a lot of new vehicles here because of the altitude and easy access to major freeways and steep passes. Thanks for allowing my post.

7FB007D8-E3C4-4802-B752-5CB274BB286A.jpeg

93E4826C-63B3-43DD-86A4-CAA55DC67AE2.jpeg

EF32C0B4-51BF-491D-92BD-B9AF362111B8.jpeg
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
So quick question, could you tell me if this is the granite crystal metallic color, or something different?

I really hope that its "Sting" Gray

OP
OP

Deleted member 11497

Idk, I was thinking rhino. I am thinking of swinging by in the morning light tomorrow to get some better pics. I was trying to be discreet in taking photos today because there were lots of the Detroit boys circling around and I wasn’t sure how friendly they would be about me snapping drive by shots, but now that I am seeing that they are apparently going full uncovered I am going for it, and getting as much info and close up looking as possible. I am looking to buy a new JLU asap.

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
So quick question, could you tell me if this is the granite crystal metallic color, or something different?

I really hope that its "Sting" Gray
Shouldn’t we hope sting gray is something different since this looks like granite?

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good eye. Doesn't the granite have light lettering on dark background?
Based on all the information in this forum, all of the Rubicon's have black lettering over a red outline, at least that is what I have been seeing, kind of similar to the hard rock, 10A, and recon editions on the JK.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn’t we hope sting gray is something different since this looks like granite?
I was hoping Sting would be closer to a battleship gray, but these appear to be between granite and the current rhino. Not sure. I love the granite color, but this Rubicon stands out to me personally, I am trying to make a decision on color.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I was hoping Sting would be closer to a battleship gray, but these appear to be between granite and the current rhino. Not sure. I love the granite color, but this Rubicon stands out to me personally, I am trying to make a decision on color.
I don't think you can tell with the bad lighting.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Idk, I was thinking rhino. I am thinking of swinging by in the morning light tomorrow to get some better pics. I was trying to be discreet in taking photos today because there were lots of the Detroit boys circling around and I wasn’t sure how friendly they would be about me snapping drive by shots, but now that I am seeing that they are apparently going full uncovered I am going for it, and getting as much info and close up looking as possible. I am looking to buy a new JLU asap.
I patiently await the results of your recon mission. :like:

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nevermind, the question has been answered, Granite it is, I guess we will all have to wait to see Sting.

jlu.jpg

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel
is that a ram under covers behind it?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Go right up and snap away. You aren't standing on their property. What are they going to do, yell at you? They won't care at this point, anyway. They took the camo off. They'll probably be excited that you noticed it. Most people won't be able to tell that from a JK, anyway. Boldly get up to it and get a bunch of pics! Get the dash. We want to see what color is on it!

Go, man, GO!!!