CB antenna mount on bed. Need opinions.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I know there are are threads about CB antenna mounts in the front, I am specifically looking for a rear bed option. It must be compatible with a tonneau cover.

Am I looking at custom fabing a aluminum bracket or are there pre-existing options?
Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I am working on a similar thought for my ham antennas. They are not quite as big as CB antennas and in some cases do not require a ground plane. What I am considering is something using the T Slot on the rail of my BAK Revolver X4 tonneau. I am thinking a piece of aluminum C channel held on with T Slot nuts in the very front of the tonneau. The antenna would mount on the channel. Something like seen here, with a piece of scrap C channel from another project. I am thinking I can create a bit of a ground by running a ground strap from the C channel to the front of the bed. Maybe I can get to one of the existing holes or maybe I will have to drill a fresh one (perish the thought). Coax would run out the front of the channel and go down between the tub and the bed into a convenient hole.

Jeep Gladiator CB antenna mount on bed. Need opinions. IMG_3331(1)

End view of the T Slot rail.

Jeep Gladiator CB antenna mount on bed. Need opinions. BAF6794D-1313-433C-AF00-856B1C4DEB69

General area.
Jeep Gladiator CB antenna mount on bed. Need opinions. 8E82DD6D-F26F-414B-8111-1BC667E17A48

Something like this. Made pretty, of course. Perhaps a bit wider to allow an NMO to screw down flat on the aluminum and not hang over the edge.