Ceramic coating looks fantastic!

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just got my black Gladiator back from a local detailing shop that applied a 3 year ceramic coat. The paint had a lot of swirl marks from sitting on the lot and minor blemishes from transit. The detailer did a fantastic job cleaning up the paint and the coating looks fantastic!

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! C3D41701-0B97-4A76-8357-2BC0997F4C6C

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! 07C9CF55-8E2F-4C9B-8CF4-A789478723C0

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! 8A0BC466-11A9-40A4-AA0B-B41C1056AD51

Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! 45ECD0FD-DD5E-4683-9D8D-F92CBB4935A7
Sponsored

Last edited:

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Not real familiar with this process, does it prevent pinstriping when you’re plowing through the desert or meandering through the woods?

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not real familiar with this process, does it prevent pinstriping when you’re plowing through the desert or meandering through the woods?
The detailed claimed it would prevent light scratching. However I’m not sure it that’s marketing hype or has some basis in reality.

Ridgeline

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Intellectual Property Attorney
Having watched a number of YouTube videos on this topic, it appears that Paint Protection Film (PPF) would be a better choice for preventing or easily repairing such things. Ceramic coating seems to be preferred for keeping your car particularly clean. I have seen ceramic coating applied over PPF to provide the best of both options.

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it done to provide UV protection and in an effort to keep it clean. My Jeep sits outside and isn’t garage kept.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I just can't justify the cost. I'm going to have a local detail shop clay bar mine and apply a paint sealant for under $300. Then I'm going to use the Meguiars Ceramic spray wax on it.

Docharrison

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT
Occupation
RN
It's a hard coating and will add depth so a pinstripe might not dig into your paint as much but it won't completely prevent it, as you can see, it shines like a new diamond

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
If I may be nosy, what neighborhood are we in, cost wise?

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Speaking for myself a local shop that has been around for years and uses the top quality stuff would charge $1600 for two layers. That includes paint correction before application. I believe that was the 5 year stuff. Shops that are only charging $500 or less for ceramic coating are not doing it right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1250 that included 1 step paint correction, ceramic coating applied to the wheels, truck and rear bumper. An additional coating was applied on the exterior plastic trim.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
@jbehrn Youre truck looks really good! Its great for the paint if properly prepped the finished product is amazing and should last .... my Mojave goes in on the 17th for the treatment 2step/5year $1,250 becuase the truck is 30 days old, the paint is fine and he is my go to guy for many years .. Regular $1,500 and up depending on condition...

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jbehrn Youre truck looks really good! Its great for the paint if properly prepped the finished product is amazing and should last .... my Mojave goes in on the 17th for the treatment 2step/5year $1,250 becuase the truck is 30 days old, the paint is fine and he is my go to guy for many years .. Regular $1,500 and up depending on condition...
Thanks! I bought my truck last September and the dealer definitely ran it through some car washes to keep it clean while it was on their lot. That caused a lot of swirl marks and minor defects. The detailer was able to get that all cleared up before the ceramic coating. Overall i think it is worth the money. Black is a hard color to keep in good condition.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
ceramic coating has been around for years now and is very durable and is better at fighting off the elements then a coat of sealant and wax. Its not a hard process to complete especially because most of the jeeps on this forum the paint is new, and in good shape, so it will not require much work to decontaminate and prep the surface for a coating. save yourself all that money and DIY this project. Without going into great detail here are the basic steps.
presoak,
Wash,
then use Iron remover,
rinse,
use clay bar/mitt ,(I prefer clay )I suggest fine texture clay as most here wouldn't need anything more aggressive, if at all,
panel wipe , IPA wipe down (isopropyl alcohol diluted with water)
polish with DA
final panel wipe to prep for ceramic coating,
apply coating, wait for it to flash, buff off
There are many coatings out there that are good but for a DIY I'd suggest Car pro Cquartz 3.0 UK.
Its very easy to work with because of the large temp range that it can be applied at. After you apply the final coat (2-3 ) and it cures you can spray car pro reload over it and wipe it off for an added layer of top protection and your paint will look like it is slippery wet.
Jeep Gladiator Ceramic coating looks fantastic! B64442C2-8E77-4056-B266-57CB0EC859D8