Status
Not open for further replies.

XPEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Good morning all,

We wanted to share a video by YouTuber Engineering Explained (2.2 million subscribers) on Everything You Need To Know About Ceramic Coatings. Including, the differences between a ceramic coating and PPF (paint protection film).

XPEL FUSION PLUS Ceramic Coating is designed to give your paint a candy coated shine, add hydrophobic properties, and extreme ease of maintenance. FUSION PLUS is a 1 layer coating backed by a 4 year warranty and is made in the United States.

We have installers worldwide ready to get your Gladiator's protected. To find an installer nearest you, visit our XPEL Certified Installer Locator.

XPEL-FUSION-PLUS-Ceramic-Coating-Bottle1.jpg
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Great video.
This is what I want to do as soon as my Gladiator shows up and fortunately there’s an installer near by.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
How well does this kind of product protect paint from brush and trail rash? Obviously, if you drive through a thicket you'll get scratched. I'm talking more about minor trail rash from a few plants here and there overhanging the trail. We deal with a lot of that our here.

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
How well does this kind of product protect paint from brush and trail rash? Obviously, if you drive through a thicket you'll get scratched. I'm talking more about minor trail rash from a few plants here and there overhanging the trail. We deal with a lot of that our here.
Great question - if you want protection from brush, trail rash, and scratches, then a paint protection film (clear bra) is going to be the way to go. Ceramic Coatings (any brand) really aren't meant for protection. Maybe very minor scratches will wipe away but typically Ceramic Coatings are geared more for ease of maintenance and increase appearance.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
After visiting detailers in my area I am down to IGL Kenzo or Opticoat Pro Plus. Anyone know anything about these brands?

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
@XPEL, I've done 2 of your matte wrap kits, and absolutely love them. I plan on doing on one on my Sting Grey Rubicon when it gets delivered. Do you have full body coverage kits available yet? I saw you have the front and door sections available for the JL's, but not for the Gladiator beds. Thanks!!!!

wskypilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rubicon Unlimited, 2013 Wrangler Sport
Your website lists Switzer Performance in Oberlin, OH as a dealer. After they didn't respond to my email, I drove to their location and they looked at me like I was crazy. They only work on high performance engines. Do you have another dealer close to zip code 44090?

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
@XPEL, I've done 2 of your matte wrap kits, and absolutely love them. I plan on doing on one on my Sting Grey Rubicon when it gets delivered. Do you have full body coverage kits available yet? I saw you have the front and door sections available for the JL's, but not for the Gladiator beds. Thanks!!!!
BenBean66,

Sorry for the delay. We do in fact have full patterns for the Gladiator. The STEALTH wrap would look amazing on a grey Rubi!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
BenBean66,

Sorry for the delay. We do in fact have full patterns for the Gladiator. The STEALTH wrap would look amazing on a grey Rubi!

Are you referring to precut PPF kits? If so can you post a pic of what’s included? I’m gonna have my hard top and flares Line-Xd but I’d prefer to PPF the rest. I got a quote for $5k from the guy who wraps all our work vans because he thought he’d have to cut everything himself and that adds days to the labor

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Do I need to wait a couple of months prior to coating a brand new paint job as the Gladiator was Painted the 11th of September?

Also what is the Hardness rating of your product?

Sponsored

OP
OP
XPEL

XPEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Are you referring to precut PPF kits? If so can you post a pic of what’s included? I’m gonna have my hard top and flares Line-Xd but I’d prefer to PPF the rest. I got a quote for $5k from the guy who wraps all our work vans because he thought he’d have to cut everything himself and that adds days to the labor
Yes, exactly. You can actually see a list and what's included by going through the Pre-Cut Kit Search on our website, Click Here to view the kits for the Gladiator. Thank you for considering XPEL for your Jeep protection needs.

Do I need to wait a couple of months prior to coating a brand new paint job as the Gladiator was Painted the 11th of September?

Also what is the Hardness rating of your product?
Normally once delivered you are good to apply paint protection film or ceramic coating right away. No worries there.

The hardness rating of our Ceramic Coating is 9H.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Normally once delivered you are good to apply paint protection film or ceramic coating right away. No worries there.

The hardness rating of our Ceramic Coating is 9H.
Thanks for the information...thought that I had caught the hardness in the video but could not find it when looking again..

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
Just wondering, do I need paint correction if the vehicle is practically new? I put on 120 miles b4 I decided to bring it in for a ceramic coating & it’s always been garage kept since I bought it

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Just wondering, do I need paint correction if the vehicle is practically new? I put on 120 miles b4 I decided to bring it in for a ceramic coating & it’s always been garage kept since I bought it
yes, most experts recommend paint correction with 0 miles on it. No factory paint is perfect plus you have the dirt and rail dust from transportation.

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
yes, most experts recommend paint correction with 0 miles on it. No factory paint is perfect plus you have the dirt and rail dust from transportation.
Thank you :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.