Sponsored

CHANGE IN FIAT-CHRYSLER LEADERS: WILL IT CAUSE ANY CHANGE IN THE SCRAMBLER RELEASE DATE?

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
I SAW TODAY THAT MR MARSHIONNE WILL BE STEPING DOWN FOR HEALTH REASONS. HE WILL BE REPLACED BY A MIKE MANLEY FROM ENGLAND.
Any ideas on weather this will change any release dates, costs, or 2 door with 4 doors? my view is probably not but lets here it Gladiator hopefuls.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Probably not, as Manley was ceo of jeep/ram. I doubt his replacement would institute broad changes so soon, given Manley is now the big boss and probably would rather Jeep be run the way he had it set up. Also there's no gaurantee that Manley won't be back, as he's only a temporary replacement.

MojitoWrangler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
My two cents from being a life long Detroiter and in and around the auto industry. Mike Manley is the new permanent CEO of FCA. In 2009 Jeep sold 320,000 units primarily only in the United States. Diamler Chrysler never held Jeep in the best regards. Under Mike Manley’s leadership Jeep in 2017 sold 1.4 Million units world wide! It was Manley who pushed Sergio to invest heavily in redesigning the aging Wrangler from the ground up and transforming it into a World vehicle. Remember FCA was just coming out of bankruptcy so money was very tight, hence the reason the Grand Cherokee is basically still riding on a old Mercedes platform, soon to be revamped. I can tell you even though sales have been record breaking for Wrangler this year Mike Manley is not happy with the quality or the rollout issues of the it and the new Dodge Ram! So what does this mean for the new JT Jeep truck? I think now that Mike Manley is supreme leader he will allocate more resources to ensuring that the JT is a higher quality vehicle from Day One then the JL Wrangler ever was, first year bugs aside. This may mean if he hears of issues from test mules he will probably delay production til the JT is ready for prime time. I’m not saying we won’t see the JT til 2020 but it may be Summer/Fall or Manley may allocate additional resources to ensure a successful Spring rollout. Either way I am feeling way more confident about my future JT pickup purchase than i did a week ago lol. I am willing to wait for the ultimate open air offroad pickup!

MojitoWrangler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
As you can see by my name I was originally in line to buy a Mojito Wrangler but after the color was delayed by 6 months along with all the quality issues I’ve decided I’ll just wait on the JT. And if they don’t offer mojito or a color I like I’ll just have it repainted or wrapped in mojito lol. Mike Manley will do right by the new JT and it’s soon to be half brother the baby Ram in 2021. Jeep brand is only going to improve under his leadership!

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Mr. Marchionne has passed away.

Sponsored