First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Eddition
Occupation
Coach
I have had jeeps all my life but never wanted or really had the need to mess with the computer systems. I am now running 35 on my JT. Of course now my speedometer is off (which I can live with) and its not shifting how I would like it (and I would like to fix). If all i really want to do is change the tire size, what is the most cost effective way to accomplish this?
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner Auto OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool for iOS & Android, Bluetooth 4.0 Car Check Engine Light Code Reader Supports Torque, OBD Fusion app https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XKQQQ...abc_K6TJTGG0YJV5RHWX8G25?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

this gateway bypass cable

Cable Adaptor for Chrysler 12+8 Programming Cable Connector for Autel DS808 Maxisys MS905 906 908 PRO Elite Autel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S91VZXT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_AYMV4BCQ3KMXMZPGY61X

This reader combined with the Jscan app and the bypass cable. I think its $9.99 for a single vin in the app. I paid for the 3 vins so i could use the app with my JT, my wifes grand cherokee, and my next jeep

OP
OP
Gooseisdead

Gooseisdead

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Eddition
Occupation
Coach
Just put in the amazon order. Thanks for the help. Now I just hope i dont screw it up.

Thanks again

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Just put in the amazon order. Thanks for the help. Now I just hope i dont screw it up.

Thanks again
With the j scan app its very easy. Honestly the easiest “computer” change ive ever done on a jeep.

there are also free GPS speed apps you can download to your phone that way you can dial in your GPS speed versus what your speedometer is reading by adjusting the tire size through the jscan app. most folks are happy as long as they’re within 1 mph, I’m neurotic so I had to play with it until I was spot on at 65.

Sponsored

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
This is helpful - thank you.

Just now realizing my "34" BFG KO2s are only 32" tall (about the same as the stock overland tires). Planning to put these 34s on a new Wrangler so I can get actual 35s for the lifted Gladiator.

Will need this JScan app. Thanks again.

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
With the j scan app its very easy. Honestly the easiest “computer” change ive ever done on a jeep.

there are also free GPS speed apps you can download to your phone that way you can dial in your GPS speed versus what your speedometer is reading by adjusting the tire size through the jscan app. most folks are happy as long as they’re within 1 mph, I’m neurotic so I had to play with it until I was spot on at 65.
I can not get my J Scan to work at all. Goes through all the steps to change tires to set size and a pop up tells me vehicle is running, shut it off and turn it to run and try again. If vehicle is not running just select continue and press go. It looks like its working then it stops and says to disconnect cables and try again. I must have tried this 50 times. Any help would be appreciated.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I can not get my J Scan to work at all. Goes through all the steps to change tires to set size and a pop up tells me vehicle is running, shut it off and turn it to run and try again. If vehicle is not running just select continue and press go. It looks like its working then it stops and says to disconnect cables and try again. I must have tried this 50 times. Any help would be appreciated.
You have the security bypass cable in place? What bluetooth adapter are you using?
Jscan is easy to use to set things like tire size - never had it act that way myself, so gotta ask the basics.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same questions as shadow papa.

what other hardware are you using in conjunction with the jscan app

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same questions as shadow papa.

what other hardware are you using in conjunction with the jscan app
No other hardware being used, just the OBDLinkMX+ with the bypass cable.

OBDLinkMX+.jpg

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Odd..that SHOULD work..got me stumped.

im using a bypass from my superchips programmer and have zero issues.

i realize that no help, sorry. Hopefully papa has more insight

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odd..that SHOULD work..got me stumped.

im using a bypass from my superchips programmer and have zero issues.

i realize that no help, sorry. Hopefully papa has more insight
Well I really appreciate you responding and trying to help.
Thank you!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No other hardware being used, just the OBDLinkMX+ with the bypass cable.

Jeep Gladiator Changing tire size, need help. OBDLinkMX+
You have a top of the line adapter there, the MX+ It's the same one I use with jscan, AlfaOBD and other software I've messed with.

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes these get picky with the order in which things happen but then it's hard to mess up too much if you follow any screen prompts.
I try to recall back to any hiccups I've had and the only thing I can think of is I didn't have the "ignition switch" in the correct mode and ended up pulling the BT adapter, shutting down the software and starting the process again. Not sure what I did but it didn't like it until I did that, then it was fine.

I'm more of a "I'll know it when I see it" person - not great for remote support but if I'm there, I can get right to it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I was just thinking that maybe when it says to turn the vehicle ignition on you were literally starting the truck. I’ve done that before and it doesn’t allow the changes to be made correctly. You can press the start button once and it turns on accessories. If you press the ignition button again, without touching the brake, all of the electronics will turn on but the engine will not start.

That should allow jscan to make any changes

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was just thinking that maybe when it says to turn the vehicle ignition on you were literally starting the truck. I’ve done that before and it doesn’t allow the changes to be made correctly. You can press the start button once and it turns on accessories. If you press the ignition button again, without touching the brake, all of the electronics will turn on but the engine will not start.

That should allow jscan to make any changes
Yeah, I've messed up and had it in only accessory mode before. Something simple to check.
Sponsored