Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cloud Solution Architect
Hi all,

New JTR owner, but 20 year Jeeper (XJ, YJ, Cherokee Chief). I've helped build Cj5, CJ7, CJ8, YJ, TJ, XJ, Grand Wagoneer, M715 and others. I'm getting old and lazy. Can anyone point me to no brainer JTR things to do (ex. My 95 YJ came with a 20 gallon gas tank that had an insert in the filler tube that made it 15g, pulled it, clipped it and had a 21 gallon tank).

Also, I need slush matts, spray in bedliner, and a tonneau cover. I gave up a zippy BMW X4 to have a vehicle that was more then just a vehicle for the family, so making the v6 zippy is also on the list. Feel free to give me your biased opinion, link to your favorite thread, or tell me to go search more, I built and ran MidwestJeepthing forums for years and understand.

My YJ was for wheeling and my JT will likely be focused on getting groceries, but I want to do it in style and not come across as a Mall Cruiser.

Here are a few pics. I can't find a pic of the 95 XJ, but it had a 4" lift on it that ended up being 5". It had the standard 4.0, but if you changed the fuel filter, it acted like a v8. Fastest XJ I have ever been in. My YJ, XJ, and many of my friends Jeeps were built in my garage with a 220 welder, 220 plasma cutter, and tube benders that my friends bought because I wouldn't buy one :). Lots of grinding!

Thanks

Jeep Gladiator Cheap Trix Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Cheap Trix Yucky Muddy
Jeep Gladiator Cheap Trix Cherokee Chief
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
... so making the v6 zippy is also on the list.
Looks like a supercharger is in your future! Otherwise, I don't think the 3.6 in the Gladiator is ever going to feel zippy. My biased opinion is to just run it the way it is. I came from a 2108 Golf R, then a 2019 Audi Allroad, both fairly zippy cars. I think the 3.6 is adequate as-is. When in the Gladiator, I have zero desire to do 'zippy car' stuff.

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
My biased opinion is to just run it the way it is. I came from a 2108 Golf R, then a 2019 Audi Allroad, both fairly zippy cars. I think the 3.6 is adequate as-is. When in the Gladiator, I have zero desire to do 'zippy car' stuff.
I agree with this. I came from a BMW that I drove fast and cornered hard. I like vehicles that give feedback and spark emotion. The Jeep does that, just in different ways. I feared I’d hate the lack of speed. But I rarely get it over 2500rpm. I don’t want to. I enjoy cruising with the top open, doors off, etc. the Jeep is responsive without making you want to go fast. And the way I drive it, I get over 20mpg. Driving it “zippy” will drop you to 15-16.
You can add a supercharger but that just gives you speed without handling. It is still a large box. If I wanted zippy, I’d leave the Jeep as is and park a $5k Miata beside it. Have the best of both worlds!
Sponsored